48. Get a shirt, will you?

I thought I might faint. I barely registered what he said. I didn't feel anger anymore; just shock and first stages of overwhelming happiness.

"But... I don't understand... So why did you say yesterday that..."

"I chickened out, happy?" he interrupted me. "I tried to tell you so many times, I was asking Nott about you, I didn't want him to suspect things... But then that attack... Dumbledore... It was too much."

I was staring at him blankly. I pinched myself because I really thought it was a dream.

"But then..." I started, willing to recieve another reassuring, but he didn't let me finish.

"Why do you think I told you about all that? You're the only person I trust. I know I screwed up a lot of times, but I really thought you'd notice..."

We were still standing in the same spots, looking at each other. I couldn't find proper words to say. I didn't even know what I wanted to tell him.

"I kissed you because I was afraid I'd never see you again," he continued. "You know I didn't want you to go, but I couldn't do anything, I only hoped Bellatrix would provide you safety. I thought you'd understand...Many times... But things only got awkward."

"Draco, I feel so bad now..." I said finally, realising how bad at interpreting I was. It was all about me. All the time.

"Don't," he said, souding a bit relieved.

I couldn't put my feelings into words, so I just walked up to him and hugged him tightly, like never before. He stood stunned for a moment, then wrapped his arms around me as well. We stood like this for a moment, finally without awkwardness, only with happiness.

"I guess this means you're mine?" he asked quietly after a moment.

"I could've been a long time ago if we hadn't been this stupid."

He stepped back a bit and put his hands on my shoulders.

"But you know I don't like sharing. No Blaise."

I snorted.

"This is not exactly the best moment to mention him, you know?"

"I'm being serious."

"No Pansy."

It was his turn to snort.

"But please," I added, "let's not tell anybody yet. You know, because of Bellatrix and school... Wait, you'll come back to school with me I hope?"

"I still don't think it's a good idea," he said and I was ready to pull myself free from his arms to argue, "but I will," he finished, grabbing my healthy hand. I sighed with relief.

I haven't been this happy for ages.

From that moment, Draco's behaviour changed a bit.

Around three days later I knocked on his door in the morning so he'd change my bandage. It has been raining since last night and it didn't look like it was going to stop soon, so I knew we were going to spend the day inside.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to knock?" he said irritated as he opened the door.

"What the-" I said in shock, staring at him.

He was shirtless.

"What?" he raised an eyebrow. "Oh, this?" he smirked and looked at his chest as he noticed I was gaping at it.

As my excuse I can only say it was the first time in my life I have seen him like this. I only wondered where he got such stomach from? It wasn't maybe this great, but he had to work out at some point. So when did he work out and what did I miss? How come there were no scars anymore? And why did it feel so hot out of sudden?

"Get a shirt, will you?" I said while entering, even though it wasn't what I wanted him to do. I just didn't want him to tease me for my staring.

"Do I make you feel uncomfortable? I thought there was no awkwardness anymore?" he asked with even a wider smirk, sitting in one of the black armchairs. I knew I was red by then and threw the used bandage I was holding at him.

Wrong choice.

He tossed the bandage aside as I tried to look the other way.

"You should get used to it now that you're mine, you know?" he laughed and I knew I wasn't going to get peace.

In my mind I agreed with him. We were together now, right? It wasn't a big deal... It was as though we were at the beach.

Even though we weren't at the beach but in a room with the door closed.

But I'd never say it aloud. I'd lose my honour.

"I'm only waiting for Bellatrix to come in," I said, glancing at the door anxiously, "it will be the first time I won't be able to blame her for her thoughts about us."

Draco shrugged, starting a silence in which we could only hear the rain hammering against the windows.

"I came here to have my bandage changed, you know?" I finally said after clearing my throat, then sat on his bed.

He nodded, then waved his wand to summon the bandage along with the ointment and walked up to me, still not bothering to grab a T-shirt.

"You're not going to dress up, are you?"

"I know you like it," he said confidently, sitting down beside me, "and believe me, only you have the luxury of seeing that."

Okay, I liked it, but I rolled my eyes at him, knowing he'd never stop teasing me about it since he saw me looking so flushed. Still, my heart felt as though about to jump out of my chest and I struggled to look away.

"I won't even start on how unbelievable you are."

"Shh, goddess, I'm focusing on your wrist," he said as he opened the ointment and was about to apply it. Still shirtless.