Episode 14

Just the way you are

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It's been almost two weeks since the joint-training camp started. The training gets intense every single day. Practice games on the gym, running on the beach, workout on the mountains. Momoi and Riko together with Yosen's Coach, Masako, went out to town to buy ingredients for today's dinner. When they were about to go back, momoi saw a poster posted at the bulletin board and took it, showing it to them. The coach and manager then had a plan for tomorrow afternoon.

At the inn, the girls were at the open court, playing basketball together with the boys. Kuroko and Mayuzumi together with nigou were sitting at the bench, watching them.

"hey." kuroko started, not looking at him. Mayuzumi glanced at her shortly and looked back at the game.

"hey." he responded, staring at akashi.

"do you love akashi-kun?" kuroko asked bluntly. Mayuzumi startled a bit but composed almost immediately, looking at the female shadow. The cyan haired woman looked back at him, still facing the court. After a while, the gray haired shadow sighed, rubbing his neck.

"yeah." he simply said. Kuroko closed her eyes and smiled gently.

"Then i don't need to worry anymore." she said, sighing deeply. Mayuzumi stared at akashi, admiring her every move.

"i feel at ease knowing that you will be there for her. i will let you handle her from now on. Cherish her, and don't leave her side." kuroko followed, watching the game once again, waving when she saw kagami looking her way. Mayuzumi didn't responded though, but that silence reassured kuroko that this guy will do everything to keep her safe and sound.

"she's a girl that can do anything. but, surprisingly dense when it comes to loving. So, don't expect her to know how you feel unless you say so." kuroko said, stroking nigou's head. she looked at him straight in his blank eyes.

"thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind." Mayuzumi said, looking back at her and smiled weakly.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Kagami asked kuroko. They just finished playing and went back to the bench, drinking water and wiping their sweats. Nigou jumped down and let them sit down, playing the ball rolling over.

"i'm telling him how much i love you." kuroko said with a straight face. Kagami blushed a faint red and looked down. He wanted to hug and small girl but didn't since he's too sweaty.

"what the heck, you guys. stop the cheesyness when we're here. do it when you're alone!" Aomine said, glaring at the love birds. They laughed merrily.

Dinner came, they ate like there's no tomorrow as always. The girls chatted with each other and laugh while the boys were stealing each others foods. It's like a war for survival. Everyone was having a great time. Until the coaches took their attention.

"okay, as you all know, your training ends at early evening. But, tomorrow, you will be finishing much early than before. We have decided to give you some time to rest and have fun. There will be a festival at the town tomorrow and we want all of you to enjoy your vacation even for just a day." Shirogane announced, silence kissing the atmosphere. After a while, a wave of cheers were heard throughout the dining room. Excited for tomorrow, the boys went crazy, dancing on their own. The players and coaches laughed as they watched them dance as if they're not that tired after their earlier training.

After the merry dinner, the girls went to the onsen to wash themselves. They scrubbed each others backs and washed their hair clean. Kuroko even washed nigou thoroughly. Momoi started humming while massaging her head, then kise had a crazy idea.