Episode 40

"Shin-chan~ What else do you need? You want chocolate?" Takao said, holding his phone on his shoulders as he picked up some stuff from the food isle.

"I told you, you don't need to buy anything. I'm fine." the girl on the other line said, straining her groans of pain.

Currently, Takao heard that THE Midorima Shintaro took a leave of absence for the past three days and a break from club, informing only their coach.

"awww... Just tell me, I want to take care of you right now. And you didn't tell me that you were having a fever for three days straight! I thought you were avoiding me again. Oh! I found it. Hey! Let me cook for you right now. Is Mom there?"

"No, she's not here today. And I told you don't call her Mom. And I don't need you to take care of me. I don't need to inform you everything that is happening to me. And why would I avoid you?"

"I will have to call her that after marrying you so no sweat, take it as practice for me. And I don't need you to tell me that you don't need me. I will be there every time for you even if you don't need me. Besides, you totally avoided me last time when we were still new together." He said then noticing the girls chuckling who overheard him. He hid his face from slight embarrassment and pushed his cart fast to the next isle.

"ugh, whatever idiot. Stupid. Do what you want. I'll leave the door unlocked." she said then burying her face on her pillow.

"hey! Don't! What if some creep suddenly walks inside? I'll use the key mom gave me some time ago."

"wait, what?! She gave you a key of the house?"

"yeah, said it might come in handy in the future." he said giggling at his girlfriend.

"great, you and mom definitely have the same personality. Ugh." she said, suddenly feeling another sharp pain from her abdomen.

"Oh! I'm almost done shopping. I'll be there in 30 minutes okay?" he voice sounded so chirpy that she was so annoyed.

"yeah sure whatever bye." she said fast and hang up. Takao only chuckled at her tsundereness and proceeded to paying for his items.

Midorima sighed as she laid straight on her bed, gently massaging her abdomen.

"if this is what always happens to girls every time they have it, I'm gonna die." she groaned. She was having her first period. The pain was so heavy, her body couldn't take it resulting in fever.

"and this is a monthly thing. Do I have to die every month now?" she continued murmuring until another sharp pain came. Curling up on her bed, holding her stomach tight, hoping to make the pain lessen.

She woke up not knowing when she fell asleep, her cooling pad also had change into a new one. Hearing some clangs from the kitchen, she slowly got up and walked downstairs only to see him, busy chopping vegetables. Walking closer to him, Takao noticed her. Wiping his damp hands on the apron then holding her cheeks, checking her temperature.

"you're still hot. Here, I made you ginger and honey tea." he said guiding her to the sofa and putting the tea down the counter table. Midorima looked around her, from the tea to the kitchen. She raised her brow.

"since when did you know how to cook?" she said in slight amazement.

"I do know how to cook, thank you very much. But, I asked mom for some recipes for me to cook. The risotto congee will be done soon. I also bought some pudding for dessert. There's also chocolate and red bean soup if you want some." 

"Your mom or mine?" 

"our mom." Takao grinned from ear to ear as he thought of something to tease her with when her eyes glint with danger making him pull his plan out immediately.

"Stop talking nonsense or I will kick you out my house." She said, drinking the tea he made. 'It's actually quite good' she thought.

Takao continued cooking as well as making jokes. Midorima took his bag and pulled out the lesson notes worth of three days. Finishing their dinner, he took midorima to the couch to rest, laying her head on the pillow on his lap. Of course, with her making a fuss. Feeling her steady breathing, Takao couldn't help chuckling at the girl's sleeping face, tracing her cheeks and giving her forehead a kiss. Running his hands through her hair. 

"you always keep everything from me. I wish that you trust me in times like this 'cause it pains me to see you hurt like this. I may not be that reliable sometimes but I'll do my best to be there with you through it all. Words fall short whenever i tell you how special your are to me, but all i can say is, that my world is full of smiles whenever I think of you." He murmured as he traced her long eyelashes. Midorima twitched and moved to the side, burying her face on his stomach, not realizing that he can see her red ears. He smiled wide, hiding his face on his palms, silently cursing how adorable she is.