Episode 28

Tsundere goes gloomy
//////////////////////////////////////////

At the hallways of Shutoku High, the green haired girl was waiting for the the hawkeye to finish his cleaning duties, looking out the window.

"Takao?" She called. Slanty eyes glanced at her and hummed in response.

"Do you think i'm weird?" She said that made the hawk confused, staring into her worried eyes.

"Oh? Shin-chan. What's wrong?" He said in a grin, lighting up her mood.

"Uhmm.... nothing. Nevermind. Nanodayo." She looked away and stood straight up.

"Huh?" Confused even more, he tilted his head to the side.

"You're done, right? Come on. Let's go to the gym. Nanodayo. Its not like i was waiting for you or anything." She said, walking slowly towards the gym.

"Ahh! Wait for me shin-chan!"

As they arrived at the court, they changed clothes and started warming up. Following their training regime for the day. When the green haired girl was shooting yet another hundred shots, their captain, Miyaji's younger brother, went to her partner.

"Hey takao. Can we talk?" He said tapping his shoulders. They went to the corner of the gym.

"Hmmm? What is it?" Takao whispered in grin. The taller male smacked him and slumped his arms around his shoulders.

"Don't you think midorima is gloomy today?" He said. He glanced at the girl who didn't seem tired even after shooting countless times.

"What do you mean? She looks normal to me." He said, still staring at her.

"Ugh... i don't want to be the one to tell you this but, it's getting worse." He stood up straight and scratched the back of his head.

"What's getting worse?" He asked, completely clueless.

"She's not like herself this past two days. Its like, she's always on clouds" Takao looked at her again.

"Hmm? Now that you mentioned it. I don't see any lucky item with her. Maybe it's because of that?"

"I dont know. But, please. Talk to her. She's gonna affect the whole team at this rate." He said, looking really stressed.

Lunch

"Nee Shin-chan? You okay? What's wrong?" He said, putting his lunch box in front of her.

"What are you talking about? Nanodayo" she looked at him and raised a brow.

"Well, it's just, you look kind of gloomy. Is it that time of the month?" Flustered from embarrassment, she glared at him, face beet red.

"Don't speak about embarrassing things! Nodayo." She said in an angry tone and smacked the poor hawk's head.

"Ouch.. but, seriously? Are you okay?" He stared at her with worried eyes. She sighed.

"I'm fine. Nanodayo." she said and took a bite of her food. Takao didn't move and stared at her intently making the green haired girl sweatdrop.

"W-what is it?" She glanced at him, getting uncomfortable by his piercing gaze.

"You look really pale." He noticed.

"I said i'm fine. Don't worry about trivial things. Nanodayo." they continued eating in silence which is kind of new to their classmates since they eat rather loudly almost everyday.

Timeskip......

"Takao, how is it? Any progress?" Their captain asked. Afterschool practice started and they still don't know what their ace's problem is.