Episode 37

"Boys! Time to go home! Stretch before you clean up!" Riko started shouting. Picking the balls and shooting in the basket, they started cleaning up. Riko, papers on hand, were reviewing their current routine until she found a blue haired girl sleeping on the bench with nigou beside her feet. Peeking at her face, she noticed her long eyelashes. Sighing at her androgynous beauty, she can't help to not wake her up. But, she needs to so she can clean up as well. Shaking her up, it took 5 minutes before the girl opened her eyes.

"Kuroko-kun? Are you okay? Did you sleep last night?" She asked the girl who was rubbing her eyes, pushing herself up the bench. She only nodded before noticing the boys were already cleaning up.

"Go to the showers and wash off that dried sweat. make sure to stretch first okay?" Riko reminded her and went away. Kuroko, still groggy, went to kagami with nigou in tow. The tiger didn't noticed her until he heard a whine from the dog. Looking behind him, the girl was still sleepy as she keep nodding her head.

"kuroko?" He called. The other members heard him and looked, noticing the girl as well.

"hey, are you okay? Did you sleep last night?" he called again. The girl, spacing out, just nodded. Kagami gave the team a hint that he needs to take care of her now. They nodded as they understood the situation and took the mop from him. Guiding his girlfriend out of the way to help her stretch, nigou went to the guys who were cleaning and took a ball to play with. Silently helping her, he noticed a black bruise on her lower left neck near her shoulder, making him frown.

"What happened to that?" He asked pointing at her bruise. Kuroko tried looking at it and shrugged, not remembering where and why she got it making him frown even more. After stretching, they went inside the locker room where kuroko went inside the bathroom while kagami took her uniform and undergarments, not feeling flustered at all.

Leaving her clothes on the bench, he went outside to get her things. Their captain, Hyuuga, came to him together with Izuki and Koganei.

"What happened to her?" Hyuuga inquired.

"she looked so sleepy throughout practice. Let her sleep at night Kagami" Koganei said, giving him a meaningful look, teasing the tiger red.

"I let her sleep! Besides, I always walk her home everyday. Wait that's not the problem!" He shouted half embarrassed. The three gave him a playful smile making him even more red.

"oh is that so?" Izuki said with a knowing gesture, a check sign fingers on his chin.

"No!! Enough about that. I saw a black bruise on her left shoulder earlier. She said she doesn't remember how she got it. And no, it's not a kiss mark so stop giving me that look. I'm getting worried here." He said, he's blush disappearing at the thought of his girlfriend's bruise. The three looked at each other then to Kagami.

Inside the bathroom, Kuroko was washing her hair and body when she remembered about earlier.

Flashback

Walking down the stairs with the trashcan, she felt dizzy all of a sudden. She dropped the bin gently and leaned back on the wall. Closing her eyes for a moment, breathing deep till she felt her senses back. Slowly opening her eyes, she rubbed it and proceeded down the stairs, holding the bin again. Arriving in front of the garbage burner, she dumped the garbage inside. 

After making sure that all of it is gone she walked back to her classroom, when suddenly she felt her consciousness fly away.

She grasped her shoulder with the bruise, thinking about Kagami's expression earlier. Finishing her shower, she went out and wore her clothes while drying her long hair. Getting a strand, she thought of cutting it shorter and asking her boyfriend his opinion.

Walking home, with their hands intertwined. Kagami was silent making the girl a bit awkward, knowing what the red head was thinking. She quickened their pace and went inside majiburger, ordering their usual orders. Eating in silence, kuroko sighed after a while of awkwardness.

"kagami-kun, say it." she said, kagami glanced at her.

"Do you really not remember how you got that bruise?" he said after swallowing his food.

"I think I got it when i fell at the back of the school. I was taking the trash there." she said as she sipped her milkshake.

"fell?" 

"I fell on the grass when I stepped on a rock. Maybe that's why. Besides, it doesn't really hurt and I wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't told me." She told him hiding the fact the she fell unconscious. Kagami nodded, feeling somewhat relieved.

Continuing their walk home, kuroko can't help feeling bothered that she lied to him. Technically, she didn't lied but hid the truth. Still it made her heart feel uneasy. So when they reach her house, kuroko suddenly grabbed him and wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head on his chest. Kagami, shocked at her action, let her do what she wants and joined in as he close his eyes and deeply sighed, wrapped his arms around her fragile body and resting his chin on top of her head.

They stayed like that for a good while, savoring the feeling of comfort as they listen to each other's heartbeats. Kagami then noticed that they were in front of their house and felt his face hot, felt that he was doing something indecent to her but he didn't want to push her away. Instead, combing her hair with his fingers. Kuroko felt his hand on her head, making her uneasiness fade away. She loosened her arms but didn't let go completely and cast her blue eyes to his red ones.

"should I get a haircut?" she asked, confusing him as to why she's asking her.

"If you want, I mean, if it bothers you. I don't really have a preference on hair as long as it's not inconvenient for you." he said, still stroking her long cyan blue hair.

"Really? Then can you come with me on Sunday?"

Sunday.........

Kagami was waiting at the park near her house, tapping on his phone. Kuroko then arrived, seeing her boyfriend looking so handsome as he was leaning on a tree while staring at his phone. She wanted to keep staring at him, but alas, the gap of the earlier image and the now is so wide that she can't help but sigh when nigou suddenly barked and chased kagami who was now screaming and running away from the said dog. Looking so pathetic, she picked up her dog away from her panting boyfriend. 

"are you okay?" she said, putting the leash back on nigou's collar.

"yeah, just keep that monster away from me." he said glaring at the tiny creature who only whined. Before going to the salon, they decided to eat first at Maji Burgers.

"How long are you going to cut off?" Kagami said, striking up a conversation. Kuroko looked outside and saw a girl with short bob cut hair.

"How about like that?" She said pointing at the girl earlier. Kagami looked at the girl then to her and started imagining her with short hair.

"hmmmmmmm............ It's okay, I guess. Are you going to put bangs as well?" asking as he saw bangs on the other girl. Kuroko thought about it and nodded.

"I was going to leave it be but if it needs to be trimmed, i will." She said munching on her potato fries.

After eating their fill, they went to the salon to get the haircut. She got a bob cut hair with her bangs on the side. Finishing her haircut, they went shopping for sports shoes and more clothes as per her grandma's instruction. Not really knowing what to buy, kagami took some clothes and let her fit on them inside the fitting room. It might not look like it but kagami has some aesthetic when styling clothes. Binge shopping for his girlfriend's clothes, he bought too much and was out of her budget so he payed for all of it. Giving the excuse that she have to buy other things she need like "girls wear under there" or so he says. Tilting her head in confusion until she got what he means.

"You can say underwear. I didn't get what you mean at first you know." She said as she looked at the bags kagami was holding.

"Like I can say those directly. Have some delicacy." he said taking her hand using his free hand and dragging her to the lingerie store.

"I don't want to hear that from you." she puffed her cheeks and pout her lips.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////