Chapter 6

It's been a week of school and everyday Lawrence and I would sit together and share our lunch and talk. I'm not the biggest fan of repetition -which is one thing I'm not to fond about being a princess- but I actually liked that repetitive week with Lawrence.

The blonde and the brunette I've come to learn were actually called Cleo and Miranda. Each math lesson they'd sit around me and say some pretty mean things. I wouldn't say it doesn't hurt me but I try not to listen to what they say.
And luckily their words don't keep me up at night.

I just finished another painting which is a picture of a tea party with mice all around the table sipping their teas. It was animated and really cute in my opinion. I let it dry then hang it on the wall a few painting after the forest one I made during the first day of school.

Since I've just eaten a delicious dinner before painting, I had time to myself to do whatever I wanted. And that being, reading. There's not much to do at night in the palace and if you were to try to do something you'd be questioned quite dearly I might say, so I stuck with my favorite and least adventurous thing, which is reading.

I slept that night at midnight much like every night before this, which all by the way ended the same exact way. Tea then sleep. Though I had skipped tea tonight because I was in no mood to run into anyone in the large kitchen or anywhere for that matter.

I woke up bright and early the following morning. Skipping down the large spiral staircase in my purple and white polo gear made for horseback riding, I smile happily. I've been waiting for this day since summer.

Since Father was out of the country during summer we hadn't spent time together and he is determined to have some personal time with me before his second departure to Russia, once again. He and Colin, my brother, have been making tons of trips there for a reason I do not know but do not question. It's all for business as usual. Because of all this dilemma Father requested we go horseback riding to which I agreed to almost instantly.

I always loved animals and horses are on the top of the list bellow koalas, of course.

I stop my skipping when I reach the last step as I see my father standing by a guard that he was talking too. My father shoos the guard away when he notices my presence, a small friendly smile brightening his face.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" I shake my head. "Well, we can go for a quick breakfast in the garden beforehand. Now hurry along, don't want to make the horses wait, now do we?"

I giggle and shake my head once again. I've always loved seeing his playful side, but I knew he had a darker side that only came out when he was angry. I never had to worry about that side because I've never done anything he'd consider wrong and if I did he wouldn't be around mostly because he'd be working.

We arrive in the garden seeing a small glass table filled with our English breakfast on top. We take our seats across from one another and before either one of us has a chance to say something, I dig in. I let out a small moan from the delicious breakfast as I continually shove my breakfast in my mouth, starving from not having eaten anything.

He lightly chuckles then follows suit. We are in silence enjoying the sweet sounds of nature and the chirping of the birds that flew by.

After breakfast we went into the car that brought us all the way to the stables nearby. We picked our horses mine being a white and black Pinto horse spotted with black spots and Father's being a regular brown Stallion, both with the softest coat ever almost like touching the clouds.

We rode up the small hill that was right by us and stopped when we reached the top. Taking in the beautiful sight in front of us. The English Oak trees that were planted looked absolutely breathtaking by the violet flowers and roses that were planted by them.

"Honey, you do remember that trip Colin and I are taking, right?" Father spoke breaking the silence.

"Yeah, its in Russia, I believe."

"Yeah, well. Colin's met someone there."

"Well, there are a lot of people there I wouldn't be surprised that he met someone." I giggled at the random fact Father just told me.

"No, honey I mean he's met a girl."

"Is she nice?" I smiled happy Colin met someone he liked.

"Well, we haven't met her yet. But Colin's agreed to marrying her." He gulped knowing I wouldn't like the information he's just given me. "Her father is a really nice man and we really need to have an alliance with them to settle things, darling. You can't be upset about this."

I froze. He couldn't get married. He's too young and he barley knows his girl. He never visited Russia before last summer and he's marrying someone there. This couldn't be happening.

I'm literally writing this in science class. I hope you enjoyed because I risked getting my phone confiscated. Thank you for reading! I've already started chapter 7!