Chapter 9

I'm literally writing this in a party. I'm about to cry from how much I hate this party and the fact that parties exist. So enjoy.

We take a seat on the bench right behind a tall luscious tree that shades us away from the sun's yellow rays. Ice creams in our hands happily being eaten by us as we sit in silence basking in the warmth and comfort of the beautiful park.

We've been walking around and talking, playing in the children's play set, and laughing the whole while we were here. Not many people were here other than the few kids and their parents and some dog owners walking their dogs and the nice workers that we bought these ice creams from.

Not many people cared that I was the princess. I was asked by parents to take pictures with their children at a times and the occasional stares but that was it. It made me feel slightly normal since I was used to the crowds and loud noises and the photographs that were taken of me without my consent.

We both finish our ice creams and stay sitting there enjoying the soft sounds of the leaves rustling against each other.

"What are you doing?" I ask when I notice Lawrence suddenly get up from his seat on the bench.

"Wanna do something." He walks around the bench towards the tree with me trailing behind him.

I watch him take out his pen, that he's left in his back pocket from earlier, and write something on the chipped tree bark. He backs away from it giving me a perfect view of what was written.

Lawrence's princess
was here

His handwriting was impeccable and on point. A smile and a tint of pink creeps on my face as I read the words feeling awfully lucky to have him with me. My eyes avert towards him to see him already smiling nervously in my direction. I gently take the pen from him and go towards the tree right under his note and begin writing.

Evelyn's was here.

He begins laughing out loud making me beam with pride at making him smile. "Hopefully people will just know that I'm yours because Evelyn has plenty of things that they could think was here."

"Hold on." I giggle adding a bit more to my small note.

Evelyn's was here. (Lawrence)

"Okay that might help them out in figuring out who you were talking about." He laughs lightly.

He turns 90 degrees towards me so he's looking directly at me. He takes a few steps and smiles sweetly at me. Taking my hands in his, he gives them both sweet kiss on both knuckles then gently pulls me even closer to him if that was possible.

His lips find mine immediately and kisses me with such passion. Sparks emit from the touch of his lips against mine. He lets go of my hands to grab my face instead. He deepens the kiss more as he now has the upper hand.

I hum lightly against his sweet lips basking in the feeling of them against mine. I place my hands on his chest rub them lightly against his shirt.

He lets out a small groan and bring one of his hands through my hair, messing it up a bit. My hands go behind his neck to play with the hairs on the nape of his neck. Our kiss was long and passionate creating butterflies in the pit of my stomach.