Chapter 12

Lawrence didn't come to school for the last two days. He missed Monday and now Tuesday. He's worrying me. He would've told me he wasn't coming on Friday but he hadn't. I asked his friends on Tuesday what happened but they all said they didn't know.

I'm sat on my desk chair painting another picture, this time being a rose. A simple realist rose with its slightly ombré red petals and its pointy off-white thorns.

Waking up the next day with the annoying beeping of my alarm cloak I lazily make my way to the bathroom. Once done with getting ready, I walk up to the new sleek black car.

Tom, for the third time this week, kept asking odd questions. Questions like what time do I sleep, which I answered vaguely, or how long does it take me to get ready in the morning. I've dodge all his questions since the first day he started working here, which wasn't too long ago.

Walking up to the wide entrance in the school, I feel Tom's eyes one me which only makes me walk faster. I make a mental note on talking to my parents about the chills this man gives me and how I don't trust him.

Shaking my head, I make a beeline to my first lesson. After the first two lessons are done I walk all the way to chemistry, hoping Lawrence will be here today. Opening the door to see it half full with my classmates and Lawrence in the flesh sat on our usual table.

I smile watching him doodle on his book in boredom. Taking my seat next to him, he brings his attention towards the scratching noise my chair makes. A wide toothy smile takes over his tired looking face.

"Hey, princess." He immediately puts me at ease with just the sound of his velvety voice.

"Hi. Been a while since the last time I saw you."

"Oh, yeah. Sorry 'bout that." He sighs looking slightly upset.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Well, my sister she's uh autistic and uh had a um seizure." He mumbled the words making it almost impossible to hear, but I sensed them.

I stiffened up feeling really bad he had to see his own sister go through that. If Colin had one I'd be mortified and I'd feel worse for not knowing what to do in that situation.

"I'm so sorry," I said remorsefully. He looked up with his hair covering one of his eyes which his hand pushed back tiredly.

"Nah, its fine. She had them before but it's just scary to see, you know?"

"Yeah." I knew it was a rhetorical question, but I felt uncomfortable not answering.

The teacher entered the class, ruining our moment, and started his lesson. Once the class was done and we were all set free, Lawrence and I walked silently to our table to join his friends, that I still have yet to know the names of.

They all started talking about a party that was happening next Friday. Apparently it was going to be a big party that was being hosted by a senior that was one grade above us. Luckily, the guy doesn't care who shows up so even people our grade get to go.

"Evelyn, you're coming, right?" Jake, the only one whose name I remember, asks.

"Maybe, Gotta ask Mother first!" I exclaimed, speaking for the first time since I sat. I earned a lot of sweet smiles from the group that was all paying extreme attention to me.

"Kay! But you gotta come. It's gonna be sick. Camron's parties are always the best. You wouldn't wanna miss it." Jake retorted.

"I'm not a fan of parties."

"Promise lover boy, over there." He pointed at Lawrence, who sat right next to me. "Won't leave your side for a moment, promise."

"I'll see." I smile brightly trying to be nice.

***

"Mother! Mother!" I ran down the hallways dropping my bag randomly on the floor.

Finally reaching my parents wide bedroom, I slowly open the door and clam my hand over my eyes, frightened of what could be going on in here.

"Take your hands off your face, darling. How many times do I have to say it's not good to touch your face especially if you haven't cleaned your hand before doing so?" She scoffed, in annoyance because I never listen. Shaking my head and taking my hand off, I giggle at her random outburst about skincare.

She was sat on her shared bed shaking her head in amusement. She had a small book in her hand, which she close and placed next to her giving me her entire attention.

"What did you need sweetie?" She asked sweetly as she smiled her breathtaking smile. The same one that always calmed me down, as a baby, as a child, a preteen and still as a teenager.

"Remember Lawrence?"

She nodded softly. "Your lover boy." She giggled.

"Why do people keep saying that?" I shook my head in confusion.

"Oh we've all seen the pictures."

"Huh? What pictures?" I looked intensely at her wanting to figure out what she meant.

"Oh remember the park." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Paps took some pictures of the two of you kissing." She giggled seeing my speechless form. "Anyway, go on?"

I snapped back to reality. "Oh right. Well he invited me to a party and I really want to go."

Without a second to spare she immediately replied sternly. "No."

"What?! Why?" I exclaimed. Although I'm not a huge fan of parties, I still wanted to go to spend more time with Lawrence and to try and be an actual teenager.

"Party equals drinking and you are not of age, and even if you were I would not let you."

"Mother, I promise I won't drink a drop, even. Don't you trust me."

"I do but I do not trust him nor anyone else who is going." I was about to protest but she beat me to it. "No, and that's final."

Hope you enjoyed! This isn't edited at least not yet, but I hope you enjoy.

Vote if you liked it! Share your opinions on the comments!