Chapter 37

Lawrence hasn't called in called back but I know he knows I'm trying to reach out to him. I finally planned on going over to his house since Colin and Erika are going out -much to my dismay- and Marcus has plans.

I picked up my little white purse crossing it over my shoulder and straightening my plain white and grey polka dot dress. I thanked John and stepped out of the black car, making my way to Lawrence's doorstep. Taking a deep breath in, I ring the doorbell and patiently wait for someone to answer the door. I listen to shuffling then watch the gold colored doorknob jiggle before the door slowly opens.

With dark bags under his eyes and gloomy look to him, Lawrence stands in front of me. An uncalled for gasp escapes my thin lips as his eyes widen when they land on me. He noticeably gulps and clears his throat.

"Princess, you shouldn't be here." He didn't wasn't panicked so I knew I didn't show up in a bad time but the sad look in his eyes made me question if there even were a good time.

"Are you alright?" I questioned ignoring his previous statement.

"Yeah, yeah but I can't hangout today. I- I'm busy." I saw tears fill his eyes but just as they came they left leaving me questioning if it even was there.

"Oh. I sent you a few messages but you haven't replied," I said quietly, trying to figure him out. He's the most complicated puzzle I've ever had, with far too many pieces to decipher which is which.

"Yeah, got my phone taken away." I nod, though I knew he was lying. Each message had the read signal on it but I just went along with it.

"Did you just wake up?" I cringed at the question. I mean his hair was a mess and his eyes were dull and droopy so he either just woke up or is depressed.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I gotta go." I stood there not knowing what to say until he gave me a sad sympathetic smile and closed the door.

I frowned and questioned what just happened. I raised my fist questioning if I should knock or not. I sighed and reluctantly brought my hand back to my side. Turning on my heel, I walked down the small cobblestone pathway towards the car. The heavy feeling of a gaze watching my every move was evident and when I turned I saw a curtain fluttered. Shaking my head, I entered the black car.

John gave me a questioning look before silently driving back to the palace. My clammy hands fisted my dress, fidgeting and playing with the hem. My throats was dry and my mind was clogged. I didn't know what just happened but it made me sad. All I wanted was Lawrence.

We arrived at in front of the white marble steps and I made my way to them. I walked up the stairs and opened the glasses doors. I walked to my room, gloomily, before deciding to just go to Marcus. I need a friend right now and he's been really kind. Without knocking I pushed open the door. My eyes were wide and the oxygen running through my body frozen. Marcus scrambled to put back his shirt as Sarah picked up hers.

"Evelyn, I can explain." Marcus tried to reason, thinking I was mad. If anything just surprised but they were both single so if they wanted to mingle I had no right to stand in between them especially since I wasn't that close with either of them.

"No, need. I'll just go paint. You crazy kids have fun, but not to much fun." I gave them a warning glance before trudging down the hall and walked into my pink bedroom.

I sighed and face planted on my bed. All I wanted was to cuddle up with Lawrence.

A/N

This wasn't long I know and I'm sorry about that. I'm just so bored and wanted to get this out fast so I hope you enjoyed since that's all you're getting to night. Byes.

Not edited.