Chapter 24

It's been a few days since the 'auction' and I've only ever been treated with harshness. Some days I wouldn't be fed at all for the behavior I showed in that day. But I didn't care, I had a right to act that way and they are just being ridiculous if they expected me to be happy to go with that man.

I tried so many times to think of a plan to get out of here but the door had a one sided knob meaning anyone can get it but they couldn't get out. So I was trapped here until they decided when I was to be out.

"No! You are not allowed to take her if you don't have the money!" I could barely decipher the noise that came out as a mumble from the iron door.

My heartbeat picked up pace as my hands grew clammy. My heart was trying to beat its way out of my chest, but my ribs restricted it. I started to feel lightheaded with the sudden adrenaline that ran through my body. My vision was soon dotted with black.

I was never a fan of my vulnerability. I always felt things just a bit more than the average human. I'd cry on things that were deemed ridiculous to most. I'd be shaking in fright when someone would scold me. I never like how vulnerable I was to everything.

I was woken up to someone shaking me relentlessly. Their hands almost drenched with sweat as the shook my shoulders trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes and stared at the distressed Marcus, who kept looking at the door then back at me clearly terrified.

"We need to go. He's in his office with the man," he whispered then quietly groaned when all I did was stare up in shock. He got up pulling me by my hands up with him.

"Follow me but be quiet," he hissed. It almost seemed like he'd be in bigger trouble than I did.

He tugged on my arm pulling me out of the door and closed it after me. We made our way up the stairs when we suddenly heard noises coming towards us. His eyes widened so did mine. He quickly walked up the last few steps of stairs and shoved me into the bathroom with him.

My heart was hammering against my chest. My mind still seemed fuzzy and this situation was not helping it in one bit. The voice were right next to the door as we heard their heavy footsteps walk down the creaky wooden steps.

"Ugh Marcus left the key in the lock again." Tom groaned through the bathroom doors that still had yet to be locked. We couldn't lock them or else the click would have been clear and we were not ready to be caught.

We heard the keys obnoxiously clatter as the iron door opened. My heart seems to have stopped in anticipation and dread.

"Where the fuck is she?!" And before I knew it Marcus ran out the bathroom door.

My eyes watered realizing this was all a trap to get me caught and in more trouble than ever before. I heard the iron door slam shut and Marcus' footsteps walk briskly up the steps. He came back into the bathroom and grab my arm as I was still frozen in shock and slight relief now that I knew they had no way out.

Before I knew it we were in front of a grey convertible. Marcus opened the door for me and quickly shut it behind me. The door of the abandoned house was slammed open and Tom and the dark haired man were running towards us. Marcus' young age and athletic body helped us immensely as he ran to the other side of the car and quickly got in but just at that moment Tom slammed my door open and was about to grab my arm but Marcus quickly sped down the road. I quickly closed my door and wore my seat belt considering I could have just died and been run over.

My heart was hammering against my ribs and I suddenly felt the urge to vomit at the sickly feeling I felt. It's been to long since I've had a shower or even a change of clothes, I was still sat in my dress from the night I was taken. All I wanted was long shower and a proper breakfast.

The ride was spent in silence, the only sound being from my rapid heartbeat that was filling my ears as I felt my blood pump and both me and Marcus' breathings. My eyes soon caught hold of Lawrence's house and they widen in surprise.

"Marcus, why are we going there?" I asked rubbing my sweaty hands against my dirty dress trying to calm myself.

"The palace isn't allowing anyone to enter no matter who they were, they won't even take a second to open the gates. The only place we could spend the night is with him. Trust me I'm not even in good terms with him." My eyebrows were creased in confusion.

"And why so?"

"He's been a dick since the night of the party. You two are quite close so I think it has to do with your disappearance." I didn't know how to respond to that so I settled with silence instead.

Soon we park in front of the blue door. The headlights faded and turned to darkness as the car was shut down. We made our way towards the house as my beating heart filled my ears, I was not ready for confrontation with Lawrence just yet. But I had no other choice.

A/N

Oh god this book is nearing its end and I'm feeling quite down about that. But it's been quite fun really. Also do check out my other book it's been a long time coming and now it's finally free to sorrow through the sky or at least just the prologue is.