Chapter 36

"How could you?!" Sarah screeched. I stayed planted on my spot, too shocked to do anything as I stared at the two. When I finally was knocked back into reality I ran back into my room, knowing Sarah probably ran back in there as the closest resort.

I saw her sitting up on my bed crying into her hands. The green dress fluttered around her. Her straight blonde hair is opened and left down. She didn't bother looking up when I entered, probably knowing it was just me.

"Give us a minute." The voice caught Sarah and mine's attention. Colin walked into my room, giving me a look to tell me to leave. Frowning, I take a glance at Sarah and she's giving me the same look. So, I silently leave giving Sarah a sympathetic smile.

My blood started to heat up feeling slight anger. What is Erika doing to his head? Colin would never cheat, he despised it even if he did it to someone he didn't like. I shake my head to rid myself of the thoughts so I don't end up pouncing on Erika.

I marched into Colin's room, locking eyes with a teary Erika. She's hunched over, staring at me from underneath her full head of hair. She wiped her cheeks, straightening herself as she tucked her red hair behind her ear.

"Sorry you had to see that," she mumbled, her cheeks tinting red from embarrassment.

"What are you doing to him?" I seethe, shocking myself from talking to her like that. I never talk like that, but for my brother I would. She seemed unfazed by it, sort of expecting that reaction.

"I promise I-"

"Stop it! I want you to just stop! You have no idea how you left him last time! And I had to fix it! I had to stop him from cutting so many times! I'm so glad there isn't a scratch on his skin because if there was you'd be going through-"

"I know," her hoarse voice croaked. "And I'm trying to fix it. I truly love your brother. You just wouldn't understand-"

"You cheated on him! What else do I need to know about because honestly not one thing in the world should make you cheat on the one you love. You just don't do that to someone you love." A lone tear left her eye, sliding down her cheek as she hiccuped.

"I know, I know." She wiped her cheek and sniffles.

"I'm sorry about that but I'm not sorry about what I said. I meant every word of it."

"Evelyn, your brother is a good man. He can take care of himself, you don't have to be so protective. I know I've given you reason to be so cautious around me but I truly love your brother." She seemed reluctant to allow the next wave of tears to follow but they still came.

I sighed stressfully. With a shake of my head I turned around to find Colin walking out of my room. A grim look on his face as he stared at the ground in deep thought. I could still here the sniffles in the background of what I presume were from both girls.

"Colin, what happened?" I demanded, crossing my arm to show somewhat authority. He took a glance at me and a small, almost not existent, smile crept up in amusement. He crossed his arms and popped his hip to 'copy me'. I huffed, placing my hands back down to my side and glaring at his amused self.

"I'll tell you everything later, just go take care of Sarah and I'll go in with Erika." He took a step closer to his room but I gripped his forearm before he could go.

"How about you take care of your future wife. Look I know I wasn't happy about he whole arranged marriage thing but you're still getting married. Go to her."

He had a blank expression in his face as he muttered, "We broke it off. She doesn't want someone who she couldn't trust and I'm already in love with someone else."

"Colin, you don't even know if you can trust this someone."

"Thanks for looking out for me and stuff but I can't help my feelings." He gave me a sympathetic smile before walking off, into his room.

A/N

I have an exam now and I'm just about to go get ready for it. God I hate school. Pray for me! Oh and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed.

What do you think Lawrence is up to? Where is he?