Chapter 39

My eyes fluttered open when the sound of blaring filled my ears. Groaning, I turned to my side and smacked my hand on the button on the top of my cloak.

I wasn't happy about going to school today especially because of yesterday. My heart sunk remembering how isolated I felt. He completely avoided me and I didn't bother making the first move because he obviously didn't want me to. So, instead I sat all alone with a juice box crinkled up in my hands as I sipped it from the straw.

I quickly got ready, this time leaving my dark hair open and swinging down my back. Picking up my bag, the weight heavy on my shoulders, I made my way down the stairs. I ate a quick breakfast with Mother and Colin, who had his arm around Erika, before going into the car.

I made my way to my first classes and they all ended the same way as they started; in complete agony and boredom, at least I didn't have David with me. I was in no mood to listen to him attempt to flirt. I was also glad I haven't seen Cleo nor Miranda the last two days. But even so I knew they wouldn't do anything extravagant, we're in school after all.

I plopped down my plate, that was filled the same way as yesterday, and sat down my chair. Like yesterday I looked completely vulnerable and small. I could see Lawrence a few tables away talking to his friends. I looked back down and leaned into the palm of my hand in my boredom. The sound of a chair scraping against the hard floor making me sit back up.

"Hey, I'm Jennifer and that's Andrea." A girl in a short skirt pointed the brunette next to her. They plopped down from across the table and placed their lunches on the table smiling mischievously at me.

"You know, I can't believe Lawrence even bothered with you. I mean like look at your neck there's literally bruises. Kinda reminds of pictures I saw of the plague, don't you think?" Andrea turned to Jennifer who nodded with the same smirk on her face.

"I'm pretty sure you even started that fight with Miranda. Lawrence was clearly hers. I mean before you came along they were happier than ever. But now look at Lawrence. So sad." She glanced over at Lawrence before averting her attention back at me.

"I didn't start the-"

"I mean I love the royal family but-" her smirk widen as took a spoon full of her mashed potatoes then brought her hand up and used it to throw a blob of potato at me. It landed on my chest making me frown and take my napkin to clean it up.

I heard giggling before taking a quick peak only to see the both of the taking other scoops and throw it at me. I ducked a few of them but others still landed on me. Snickering rose from across the room. I started seeing red from how many times I've been in this position. Being the vulnerable one having everyone laugh at me but I've had enough.

I pushed to steak off my plate leaving it only with potatoes and peas. I held a frown of anger. If this is how everyone wants me to be than I guess that's who I'm meant to be. I picked up the plate and got up. The spoonfuls of potato turned to handfuls as they kept throwing, they were still distracted by the crowd and each other as they giggled. I took a moment to really think if I wanted to do this but when a huge plump of potatoes landed on my face, I scraped them off and slammed the paper plate on Jennifer's face. I kept rubbing it on her face, seeing flashes from the corner of my eye but ignored it.

Andrea shrieked and threw her plate at me. Before I could throw anything else I was dragged away. I was just lucky that teachers were all in the lounge completely unaware of this, I guess that's why they figured it was the best time to come at me.

I struggled against the pair of hands that gently gripped my forearm wanting to lunge at the two who sat cleaning themselves up. The hands turned me around to face the culprit and my heart stopped when I did.

"What was that about?" Lawrence asked staring at me with almost desperation and sadness.

I huffed and pushed his hands off me before trudging to the girl's bathrooms to clean myself up.

A/N

If you enjoyed don't forget to vote and possibly share if you want. Anyways gotta go.