Chapter Twelve

There was a knock on the door and Jin got up. I watched the door intently. Tae never knocked, but when Jin opened the door there he was. Him and Jin had a very quiet conversation, and then he pushed past Jin's imposing form and straight to my side.

          Hoseok got up and went to Seokjin's side. Tae squatted down to where we were face to face. I avoided his searching eyes and focused on the base of his throat. His skin was tan and smooth and I could see some sweat glistening at the back of his neck.

          He must've ran. "Mijin?" I looked up. His eyes were full of worry and his hand hovered like he had been about to reach for mine. 

          "What happened?" He asked, but I could tell he had already guessed, and just needed me to confirm his fears. "It's-" But I stopped when I saw Jin's narrowed eyes. "It's what Mijinie?" He asked.

            I squeezed my eyes shut to fight off tears. It was something about him that made me react more. "He came back." My voice broke, but I kept my eyes tightly shut; now not wanting to see Taehyung's reaction.

          His hand squeezed my shoulder gently. "I opened my eyes cautiously. "Do you wanna talk about it?" His voice was soft and his eyes barely masked the angry fire within. I shook my head quickly and avoided his keen eyes. 

          "Mimi..." It didn't even register that he had called me that. I didn't look up though. I was scared of the angry fire he was somehow holding back. "Hyungs, you can leave now. Thank you." Tae said in an almost calm voice.

          I heard the two of them walk slowly away and then close the door on his way out. I looked up and began to say, "Look Tae..." But he didn't let me finish. His lips crashed against mine urgent and sweet. At first I was too caught off guard to do anything, but let's just say I got over it and kissed him back.

          It was a sweet and blissful moment and I didn't want it to end, but people tend to want to breath so he pulled away leaving me breathless and wanting more.

          But then I realized what I had done. My cheeks began to flush and I avoided eye contact. Mijin what are you doing? He's your bestfriend! Not boyfriend! I stood up as soon as I got over my shock and made for my room.

          "Mijin wait!" Tae grabbed my wrist before I made it out of the livingroom. I focused on his hand on my good wrist. He'd always been careful not to mess with my broken arm...But that didn't matter right now.

          "I-I'm sorry...I don't know what happened I didn't mean to do that." He said in a tone that I didn't recognize on him...like fear. 

         "Taehyung I think you should go..." I trailed off and still focused my gaze on our hands. He jumped back a little and my body felt cold without him. "I'm sorry Mimi." He said in a very serious voice.

          My heart fluttered nervously. I didn't like the way he was holding onto me. It didn't hurt, but it made me very anxious. If he got mad he would still have a good hold on me.  I finally looked up at him.

          I wasn't mad at him...I was mad at me. He had seemed to barricade himself behind a safety wall, and his face was devoid of emotion. It made my heart ache. He was shutting me out and I was scared he wouldn't let me back in. The idea of my life without him constantly being there for me didn't sound like a very good place to be.

           This time I grabbed his wrist, but he wound our fingers together on his own. I took a deep breath and slung my arms around his neck and gave him a tight hug. I had to stand on my tiptoes, but I was okay with that.

          At first he was just standing there stiffly, but then he relaxed and bent lower while wrapping his arms around my waist before lifting me up and crushing me against his chest. I breathed in the smell of him with a smile plastered on my face.

          "Tae! I can't breathe!" I laughed. I was still upset with myself, but Tae was a great person. But the little voice in my head was screaming at me that things were going to go terribly wrong.