Chapter Nineteen

Yeah. Taehyung was pissed. So were all of them actually. It took a lot of convincing from Jin, Jimin, and me to keep them from going over and picking a fight with Jisung's friends. "It's not worth it guys, really!" I said nervously.

"Come on! Mijin's right! Well maybe not, but we shouldn't make a big scene here! Just calm down." Jimin said in a slightly exhausted voice. "He's right guys. Let's just eat our food and go on with our day." Jin said. I nodded. I was touched that they all cared so much, but it could hardly be helped.

"God dammit Mijin! When are you gonna stop acting like this doesn't bother you!?" Yoongi finally snapped. I blanched. "Stop yelling." Taehyung said angrily. Yoongi looked at him incredulously.

"Oh so you're gonna act like just a minute ago you didn't wanna go kick their asses too? Jesus Taehyung, I swear you're bipolar or something!" Yoongi said angrily. He was working himself up and it was having an effect on the others.

Hoseok had calmed down and now seemed to realize how stupid a fight would be, but the others were getting worked up. Taehyung was raging. I could tell, but he kept himself carefully under check.

"Min Yoongi." I said in a voice as hard a steel. "If you don't shut up and drop it right now I'll make you regret it for a week." I threatened. Of course it was an empty threat, but he didn't need to know that. There was probably nothing I could do to make him regret anything he did, but I just had to bluff my way through it.

'Fine." He said after a minute or two of us glaring daggers at each other. "But we're leaving." He said before getting up. "Namjoon followed suit. "You shouldn't be around those jerks anymore than you have to be." He said. Hoseok stood too.

Jimin and Jungkook shared a look before getting to their feet. Then Jin stood up, but it was clear he was still hungry. Then Taehyung stood. He offered me his hand. I stared for a moment then took it.

"Let's go pay." I said. There seemed to be a collective exhale of relief from the others. "I can't run away for ever you know." I said to Taehyung. He either didn't hear me or he ignored me. I stood with Jungkook outside the cafe.

"You're the only one who's talked to Yoongi-hyung like that. You know we all just want what's best for you right?" His voice was quiet, and when I looked over at him he had a shy look in his eyes. "I appreciate it. I really do, but it wasn't worth it. Trust me. It doesn't matter how many people you guys would beat up. They'll just keep coming." I said sadly.

"And it doesn't matter how many of them came or if they kept coming. We'll always be here for you." Jungkook said. I smiled warmly at him. "That's nice of you guys." I said and then the others all came out.

"Do you guys wanna go shopping? Or catch a movie?" Namjoon asked. "I glanced at Taehyung, but he was looking at me. "I don't care which one we do." I said. There was a tenseness over our group that didn't seem to leave. Not in the movie, and not even when shopping.