Chapter Twenty-Nine

"I've been talking with Taehyung for months now. I've already called in a courtdate weeks ago, but we needed Jisung to attack you one more time before we could go to court. Tomorrow. Be at the courthouse at 11:00 a.m. sharp." She said. I stared.

          "Listen. I had Taehyung put a recording device in your clothes every morning. We have all the evidence we need." She said brusquely.

          "How come Taehyung didn't tell me? Why did I not know?" I asked. "Ah well. He was afraid you'd get mad at him. Are you mad at him? You shouldn't be." She said. "No. I'm not mad." I said slowly. "Good." Jisoo said.

          "Listen. When I was a Freshman in college I was drugged and raped. I was too scared to do anything about it, but that was after I told the police what had happened.

          They told me I was asking for it by how I was dressed. It was a date. Of course I was gonna try and impress them, but it wasn't my date that raped me. He cut things of with me for standing him up.

          I tried to explain, but he didn't listen to me. Now I'm a lawyer. I'm here to speak up for the girl's that can't speak up for themselves." She said.

          There was barely any emotion on her face. She was all business. "So tomorrow. You're gonna dress up nice, put on some make up if you want, tell the judge everything that, that pig did to you.

            He's gonna go to jail and there's gonna be restraining order. Then you get to live happily ever after with Taehyung." She said. I blushed. "Is that it?" I asked. She cocked an eyebrow at me and tilted her head ever so slightly. "Yes. That is all." She said.

          "Do you want some cake?" I asked with a small smile. She blinked in momentary surprise. "Most of the girls I work with start crying. Or they tell me they don't need help. I've never been offered cake before." Jisoo said with slight skepticism creeping into her voice.

          "Well. It is my birthday. This is more of a thank you." I said.

"I honestly would love a piece, but I'm on a diet." She said with a wistful look in her dark brown eyes. I had originally thought that her eyes were black, but they were really a very, very dark brown.

          "You know. It's zero calories if it's delicious." I quoted Seokjin. "And I think the person who made it would be insulted if you didn't have just one piece."

          She had two pieces. She staid quiet most the time and left after wishing me a happy birthday. All of them besides Tae left after a while.

          There was lots of hugs, and I may have cried a little bit again. I was cleaning up with Taehyung and a smile was plastered to my face. We put the left over cake in the fridge and cleaned the dishes, then put them away.

           "Even with your eye swollen and purple, you still make my heart skip several beats." He said when we were done. "Even with the pieces of cake in my hair thanks to you?" I asked.

          "Definitely with those pieces of cake in your hair." He said. He came closer to me and I closed the distance between us.

           I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. "How did you know Kim Taehyung?" I asked. He chuckled. "How did I know what?" He asked. "How did you know my wish?" I asked.

          "I didn't. But I do know you. And I love everything about you."