Doll Face [30]

~ch 30
    Worth It~

Your POV

I hadn't been out of my room since yesterday well besides the trips to use the bathroom or to get a drink of water. I wasn't in the mood to eat at all, despite my dad's pleads. Today was a different day though. I stood up from my blankety cave and walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, not even bothering to open any of the lights in the house.  Once in the kitchen I made myself a small bowl of mac and cheese before sitting on the couch and turning on the tv.

Flipping thru the channels I stopped at a cartoon and pulled a small blanket around me while I watched at ate. In the midst of me watch tv Wendy came down the starts looking like a typical teen, wither her face stuck in her phone. I turned my gaze back to "The Amazing World of Gumball" wanting to avoid any conversation with her.

"You shouldn't be eating mac and cheese  it's not healthy." Wendy said scoffing. I glared at her and looked her up and down.

"Like you should be talking?" Wendy grunted in annoyance and stormed over to the kitchen. Sighing with content I leaned back into the couch and enjoyed the rest of my mac and cheese before, washing the bowl and heading back into my room.

<Buzz Buzz Buzz>

I looked at my phone and smiled upon seeing the name Gia cross my screen. Quickly picking up I put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey you wanna hang out? I figured you were bring down and emo so I wanted to help you cheer up a bit!" I smiled slightly.

"You sure know how your best friend well." I teased playfully.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yup~"

"Nice! I'll met you at the cafe two blocks away from our old high school?"

"Alright."

"See you girl! Stay strong!"

"I will mom." I joking said before hanging up. I put on some shorts and an oversized hoodie alone with a white baseball cap. Shoving my phone in my back pocket I walked down the stairs and put on my shoes before walking to the place I was gonna met up with Gia.

Once I got there I instantly noticed the bleached blonde and ran up to her giving her a bear hug.

"Hello to you to." Gia laughed and hugged me back quickly before pulling me inside the cafe. "Come on I heard the new pastries are out!"

Following her quickly we both stopped abruptly at the cash register.

"Hi can we get one strawberry milk tea and one caramel macchiato along with one garlic cheese toast please!" Gia was so happy that she almost sounded like a little kid in a candy store.

"Would that be all?"

"Yeah." I gazed at the cashier and froze. "Kyungri??" Her eyes met mine and she instantly froze her gaze shifting nervously between Gia and me."

"U-uhm hi."

"What are you doing here?" I asked curiously as she put in our order and exchange money with Gia.

"I said I got a job at Seoul when you visited us back in Busan." She mumbled pushing her deep red hair behind her ear.

"You did?"

"Yeah. But I think Eunwoo was stealing your attention." Her voice became playful as she handed us our order.

"Oh I'm sorry." With a sheepish smile I scratched the back of my head.