Doll Face [32]

~Ch 32

           Backlash~

Your POV

I woke up the next morning expecting Kihyun to be here. But when I started at the spot where he was lying, I saw nothing but the white empty sheets. Swinging my legs off the bed I stood up and walked down stairs. Some stupid part of me hoping he was downstairs even though I knew he wouldn't be. The sound of pots and pans clinking together only brought me more false hope. As I entered the kitchen I noticed the familiar brown hair of my appa.

"Appa?" He stood up looking in my direction.

"Good morning sweetheart." Quickly I brought my hair to the side of my neck, covering the marked skin.

"Good morning appa... Did you by chance see some other guy there?"

"No but yesterday when I came home there was a pair on the little welcome mat why?"

"A friend came over and I thought he would still be here."

"Oh, well it's nice to see that you're up early and no longer down about that boy and those dumb rumors."

"Yeah." The irony of it all was that I too thought I was over them just yesterday. But here I was again back at the starting point. I can't believe I let him play me again.

"Do you want some breakfast pumpkin?" The nickname thru me even deeper into my emotions. What could I say I was an unstable emotional wreck at this point. I haven't heard that nickname in years. The last time I heard it was before the divorce which was when I was 15.

"(y/n)?" I stood still once again like an idiot letting him see my weak side. "Oh pumpkin don't tell me you're still upset over some dumb little boy and some rumors."

He set down the pot and hugged me as silence tears came down my cheeks.

"Come on (y/n) you know those rumors aren't true."

"What if they were true? Appa what if I really was a cheater?" My voice came out defensive, somehow I found this all to be my fault. As if I hadn't fallen for Kihyun's alter ego, would I still be in this position I am now?

"Now pumpkin there will always be an if. But I know you're not a cheater and that this isn't all your fault."

"But what if it is all my fault. What if I just asked him if he really loved me sooner? Would all of this never had happen?"

"No one will never know forsure pumpkin... Just live thru it, you're a strong girl (y/n)...." He hesitated to speak further as if a wave emotions hit him "Just like your mother... Now dry those tears and sit down I'll make you breakfast." Silently I listened to him and sat down on at the kitchen table.

"You love more more than the whole world could ever know. Huh?" I said bitterly to myself, feeling like an idiot. I let Kihyun play me again. He didn't love me he just said that so he could have what he wanted. It wasn't love it was lust...

Early that morning

Hyungown's POV

I sat down at the kitchen table, a cup of warm coffee in my hands. I scanned the table and noticed someone wasn't at the table.

"Where is Kihyun?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.

"He went somewhere last night and hasn't comeback since then." Shownu said before taking a sip of his water.

"Probably got drunk out of his mind again." Wonho snickered.

"Who the hell get's drunk over a girl that they used anyways?" Jooheon said placing his fork down annoyed that Kihyun was the topic of the morning talk.