XXXII

《 Griffin's POV 》

DANNI and Zane are at the grave of their friend that died of cancer when they were kids.

I think about how my life seem so fine compared to Zane's. Yeah my old man left me and my mom died but to have your father right there offering you all the love you wanted and not knowing he's the one you came from is....pretty fuck up.

His family really doesn't know what a great person he is. Gin may have an inkling but his birth dad is the only one who knew him it seems. From what I've heard Zane was always the black sheep of the family and they pushed him away even more when he came out.

I remember when I told my parent that I was bisexual and I had a my first boyfriend. They just laughed and said "Honey we knew you liked guys a little while after you moved in with us. Remember our neighbor who was on the swim team? I caught you watching him several time hon."

After that I left so much more loved because they loved me still. They didn't care. They just love me more. When my sister met my first serious boyfriend she just tried to snag him from me.

My whole family loved me no matter my sexuality. I couldn't imagine being shipped off because I liked boy male and females.  Then coming back only to find that the "board" school was better then the place you called home.

I look at Danni and Zane and I know if it wasn't for Danni Zane would have  more than likely killed himself. He would have crushed her in doing so. I know so. Their love is so strong and it make it all the better that they are best friends.  Then to add on top of that they both have a strong sex drive.  If it wasn't for my push I wonder if they would even be talking about marriage.

I watch them as they walk back up . Zane stops and kiss her and caress her cheek saying something to make Ellea hug him so tight they nearly fall.

When they make it back to the car I ask if everything is better and Zane says "Yeah now let's go get some rest. Tomorrow is the big day  then we go back home. "

"Zane I know that this is hard for you so you don't have to act like you're okay if you aren't." I say

"No he is fine right now. He is at peace right now." Danni says

I take Zane's hand and kiss his knuckles and then back around before driving to his parents house.

We get out and Zane sit on the hood of the car. I walk over to him and he pulls me onto his arms.

"Thank you for everything. For all you've done with Ellea and I. For me. Thank you."

I kiss Zane's chest and hug him back.  After a minute he pulls away and we head inside. When we get inside we find everyone in the den.

"Glade to see you are feeling better Zane."his mother says.

Zane scoffes says "Yes I am feeling better. Now what is the plan for the day?"

"We went to go see him today already. We were going to wait for you but we just couldn't.  We had to make sure everything was in order." his mom says.

"Good for you. You once again forgot to even consider your son's feeling. You do realize that even though you two fucked up as parents he still is an amazing person,and it's because of the man that is being buried tomorrow. The least you could do was call and tell him you're going to view the body of his father." I say to his parents.

"You...."

"Have every right to tell you how messed up and fucked parents you are." I say as he mother goes to say something.

"The only reason Danni hasn't said a thing is because she has some type of respect for you and line she isn't willing to cross but trust and believe you will one day get it from her." I say