Who Is She?

" Ponyboy, why has Darry been talking to that lady for so long." he shrugged not really wanting to talk. I asked Soda, he said he didn't know but that it was probably nothing to worry about.

Darry's POV

The lady introduced herself when we got to the kitchen." Hi my name is Katy Jane and I am a social worker at Tulsa's Home For Girls. I got a call saying your mother and father died last night in a car accident is that true?" I didn't want to say anything so I just nodded. "Ok so do you know of anyone who could take care of you like grandparents or aunts or uncle's?" She asked giving me a sorry look. I didn't want to say but, mom and dad always told me not to lie if it's something important and this was important. I told her about Aunt Trina and Uncle Vernon and how my mom didn't like them and how they almost hit Soda. And other then her our grandparents were dead and we didn't really have any other blood family members just my parents friends who became family but that meant nothing to her. After I told her everything she said "since there are no other guardians to watch you and your brothers and sister you may be separated. But it still would be best for Sam to go with someone she knows like your aunt Trina and Uncle Vernon-" I interrupted her and said "no I'm sorry but you can't do that. I understand your trying to do what's in my sisters best interest but giving her to aunt Trina. You are suppose to help kids like us but all your doing is hurting us and if you give My sister to aunt Trina you'll be hurting her more then you relize." I felt scared and like crying but I knew I couldn't show any emotion. " I'm really sorry Darry, I am but this is how the system works, it's either a girls home or orphanage. someone will be here to take Samantha to your aunt's and Uncle's house tomorrow."
She said picking up her purse and notebook.
" I know that Sodapop and Ponyboy will be going to the same boy's home but you will be going to a different one. But I can promise you that when your 18 or older and you can take care of your self you can get custody of your brother's and sister." Then she walked out of the kitchen but, I stayed in because I needed to get a grip of myself.

Sam's P.O.V

I saw her finally walk out of the kitchen and she said good bye and left. Darry came out of the kitchen and looked like he had been crying lightly. He called us into the kitchen and I asked him if he was ok he looked at me like he wanted to start crying and finally said " Honestly, not really baby not really." Pony looked terrified and asked Darry " Darry what's going on?". He told everyone what happened and that we were all leaving tomorrow. I first ran off crying into my room with Ponyboy following me and trying to keep me calm. Darry started crying and walked into his room. Ponyboy was holding me and Soda was hugging both of us. We were all crying. I was terrified to death. Later that night Ponyboy called the gang and told them what was going on. They said they would come by tomorrow to say good bye.