Miracles- Chapter 1

I was his miracle. I needed him to be mine. I couldn't loose Matt. He is my everything. We fought and this could it for us, over. I can't have that.

The flames grew and nothing seemed to be happening. The building looked like it was heating up even faster. I sobbed knowing my husband was in there probably dead " NO NO NO!" Chief looked at me " Gabby..." I looked at him " don't... please!" He looked at me " sorry..." I looked at him " he's gotta be ok... this isn't it..." 

Inside the building

Things were heating up fast. There was nothing to be done. Severide and Kannel pushed equipment out of the way to the blocked entrance. They heard a familiar noise... One that they hear more than some think. It was beeping... They looked over and saw Casey laying there unconscious. Severide ran to him kneeling  " Casey!!!" He shook him " come on case... why isn't your damn mask oh.. come on Casey...." Severide felt for a pulse... Kannel looked worried " is he dead?" Severide shook his head " no... his pulse is weak but its there... ok let's get him out of here and get out..." 

They exited the building. I saw Severide and Kannel carrying Casey. I ran to him " baby.... baby i'm here... I'm sorry!" Severide looked at everyone " he's unconscious... his pulse is weak... but its there..." Brett and I got him to the ambulance " smoke inhalation... let's initiate.. ok!" She got the tube " you can't work on your husband.... I got it!" I just saw him laying there. I held his hands " baby.... I'm sorry.." 

Boden looked at Severide " what about Otis,Kidd,Hermann,and Mouch..." Kannel looked at him " we didn't see them... we could go back..." Chief shook his head  "nobody goes I'm... I will and nobody else does.. copy?! do you all copy?" We all nodded. Chief went inside. 

Soon Kidd and Otis came out alive. They were ok. Hermann came out with Boden. Mouch nowhere to be. 

More ambo's showed. Brett, Kidd, and I brought Matt to med. Brett and I rode in back. I held his hand " your ok..." He started to open up his eyes. I looked at him as he squeezed my hand " hey your ok... just relax. ok!"

 We got him to the hospital. Dr.Halstead worked on him. I stood by him " I can't loose him..." Brett put her hand on my shoulder " hey let's give them some space ok..." I looked at her sobbing " I want to be with him..." She nodded " I know... let's just give them a minute he's ok.." 

20 minutes later

 Dr. Halstead came with an update " hey Gabby... Matt's ok... he has smoke inhalation thats pretty bad but were gonna keep a good eye on him... he just needs to stay oxygen.... ok?" I looked at him "when can he go home..." He looked at me " he's improving well... but we'd like to keep him here overnight... maybe 2 days depending how things go..." I nodded " can I see him?" He nodded " of course... i'll take you to him..." 

I sat with him " your ok... you can't talk with the tube but just look at me baby.." I kissed his head "your alive that's all that matters!"