at the end of the day- chapter 2

I just wanted Matt to rest now. I was going to go into the waiting room to update everyone. I'm happy Matt is ok. I occludent let that be the end of our story. I'm glad it's not there is more to come our way for us. Mouch wasn't so lucky though. He died in that fire. We were all so incredibly sad. I couldn't even imagine.

I walked out into the waiting room. Stella and Brett hugged me... Brett looked at me " how is he?" I looked at everyone hopefully " he's intubated... smoke inhalation was a little bad and they are trying to improve his breathing and get him better... the doctors said that he will have ti say for probably 2 days and be on the tube for at least 24 hours..." Stella looked at me " he'll be ok..." I nodded " yeah I know he's ok... i'm just worried...." 

Trudy came into the waiting room " I got a call... what happened?" Boden sat her down " I'm sorry..." She looked at him " No... no don't!" Hermann sat on the other side of her " I'm sorry... he had a heart attack and with the fire everything was too much..." She started to break down " I can believe it.. he's not gone... he was going to retire... get into a buisness." Hermann nodded " I know.... he told me... Mouch he fought hard though..." 

I felt bad for Trudy. She lost her husband and you know what that could have honestly been me. I could of been the one breaking down crying because my husband, the man I love is no longer with us. Matt is here though. I am thankful for that very much.