in memory... - Chapter 5

We lost a part of our family just a few weeks ago. It just doesn't seem the same. We lost Mouch. Most of us  knew Mouch for a pretty long time. He was a great man and such a comic relief. He made each day on the job easier. Mouch helped us all out in a way. He was there for each and everyone of us. I can't imagine our days going forward and not seeing him sitting on that couch. It just doesn't seem real to me. 

The memorial...

We all gathered in uniform for Mouch's service. Hermann was his best friend and so he did the honors with the speech. 

Hermann looked at everyone trying to keep a happy face on " Mouch... he was my best friend! We rode around together for a long time.... we graduated the academy a few years apart and we worked together for these many years... Mouch was a goof ball.. i'll say that. He was a great friend though.. family actually. He helped us all through whatever happened as union rep but he was our family and still is actually... Trudy your husband.... I can honestly say you were his one and true love. Mouch loved you so much and I know he's looking down at you. He's watching over you... protective and still love you everyday.. Mouch had a big heart like most of us and he will always stay with this house... heck even he will stay with this City. with everyone he helped and the hearts he touch. he will always be with us..." 

Trudy teared up, as well did. She looked at us " I miss him... he would of loved this." 

The bells went off and it was another day... another life to safe... 

To Mouch!