off- chapter 8

We had a late night flight. We got to the airport and everything seemed to go smoothly. We got on to plane safely and it was off we go. The flight was pretty smooth. We both slept since we knew we wouldn't be in Florida for 3 hours. 

We got off the plane and rented a car. Matt drove us to our house we rented. It was beautiful by the beach and everything. It was just what we needed a little quiet. There were little places to eat and explore nearby a few blocks away. Matt grabbed our bags from the car and brought them inside. 

It was late and all I wanted to do is pass out. I laid in bed. I started to dose off. Matt came into bed " baby..." I was half asleep " huh.." He stroked my hair and rubbed my back " your tired..... get some rest." 

The next morning...

I woke up and Matt was already awake. He looked at me " morning Wife..." I smiled " morning Husband!" He laughed " so what today...?" I laughed " do we have to leave this bed.." Matt laughed and Kissed me " do we have to... not really." I looked at him " hey... I know before the accident things were a little rough..." He looked at me " I should have supported you more... but that's what I'm going to do going forward." I kissed him " I know... I could have made things easier.... but you stepped down from being alderman..." HE looked at me " being alderman... that wasn't entirely me. you know I love helping people and that's what I do everyday as lieutenant! I don't need another job and your way more important to me. Family first..." I smiled him " that really turns me on you know..." He laughed and kissed me " you don't say..."