better than ever! - chapter 17

Matt's POV 

Were good better than ever. Gabby and I have been wanting to start a family for a while now. We've been trying for a few months now. It just seems so real for us. We've been parents and it's the greatest job to have in the world. Seeing your kids look up to you and depend on you. You influence them and you can teach them. The love you have with your kids is the great thing. We've always wanted a family together. It's finally feeling like it could be time for us. We haven't had luck yet, but it also hasn't been long enough. Things like this just take time. It's hard because we want this so much.

We were at home. Gabby looked at me " so tonight...?" I looked at her " whatever you want..." She looked at me " date night..? we've kinda been failing at that lately..." I looked at her  " we can make that up!" She smiled " I would love that... dinner and night just us..." I kissed her head  "sounds like a good night." 

We got ready for our night. Gabby saw me all nicely dressed, she smiled " well you look handsome husband!" I laughed " well you look beautiful as always..." She kissed me " yeah remember that... ready to go?" I smiled " yeah let's get going." 

We got to the restaurant. It was nice. After these past few months it was nice to just have a night for just us.