running out- chapter 51

I'm 30 weeks pregnant. baby girl  is about 15.7 inches long now and weighs almost 3 pounds which is about the size of a large cabbage. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will shrink as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision – which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. We have so much to still do. We have to get the baby's room together. We pained it pink last week and now it's time to assemble everything. 

I looked at Matt " so how about today you put the crib and everything together..." Matt looked at me " ya sure... I'll get it done.." I looked at him " seriously baby... I could have this baby in 7 weeks... that's so close we need to be ready..." Matt looked at me " ok... well I'll call some of the guys and get it done..." I kissed him " thank you.... well I have some errands to do and then I'll be back..." 

I left for a bit... I just had to trust my husband and hope for everything to be done. Matt called the guys. Soon enough the nursery was coming together. Severide looked at Matt " so coming close..." Matt laughed " yeah Gabby's about to blow... she wanted this nursery done weeks ago but with the move nothing happened but here we are. we got this..." Hermann looked at Casey " just don't mess with the pregnant lion..." Matt looked at him " what.." Hermann looked at him " do what Gabby says because she's gonna go into labor soon and you never want to mess with a pregnant emotional woman..."