take it easy- chapter 20

I fell asleep for what felt like forever. I knew something wasn't right. It just hit me fast. I just felt sick and not right. Nothing was ever like this before. I felt on Matt's side of the bed.... and nothing. He wasn't there. This was odd he's not the kind of guy to just party all night and not come home. It's not like were dating anymore, were married. I thought we were done with this some sort of party stage. I had to think that nothing was wrong and he wasn't just partying. He was probably just getting Severide home or friends home or something. I didn't know what to think right now. 

I got out of bed and another wave hit me. I thought my self " maybe this is... maybe I'm pregnant or something...?" It was nearly 3 am, but I couldn't sleep. I thought about it and well obviously were trying. We have been for a while even if we weren't intentionally. It killed me thinking of all the possibilities. I went into the bathroom and pulled out my stash of pregnancy tests from under the sink. I take one out and just look at it. I knew this could be the answer to what we have wanted for so long. 

I waited for the test to develop. This felt like waiting for whole another world. This felt like the entirety of waiting. Finally it had been 3 minutes. It was all good and it revealed it all to me. This was it. "I'm... wow.."