perfectly- chapter 50

28 weeks!

 This week, she weighs 2 1/4 pounds which is about the size of a large eggplant. She measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, and she now has some eyelashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.I'm in the home stretch. I don't have much longer to go. In 9 weeks I could go into labor but I hope I have a little longer than that. I want this girl to be super and to be strong. I want her to be well perfectly developed. 

We have another appointment today. Everything seemed fine to me. I'm feeling good, she moving around a lot, she's kicking around in there. Everything seemed to be perfect. The doctor came in " hello Gabby.. Matt how are things?" I smiled "good.." She started the ultrasound " theres her head... her toes... arm.. she moves a lot...?" I smiled " constantly..." The doctor smiled " good to hear...." I smiled " so everything ok..?" She smiled " everything is good... your where we like to see and she's doing very good. your in the home stretch. third trimester now.. just 9..10 more weeks..." 

We got to the house. Matt smiled " home stretch momma!" I went into the kitchen. Brett came out " hey Casey.. can I talk to you..." He nodded " sure... what's going on?" She smiled " well Kidd and I were talking... we were thinking about throwing Gabby a shower.." Matt smiled " she would love that..." Brett smiled " yeah that's what we thought... but we would like to keep it a surprise.. you both have been through so much and this Is the least we could do.." Matt smiled " well I like this plan... secrets safe with me."