Chapter Seven- Small Confrentation and Old Friends

(A/N: I never did get that project done and now it's too late... DAMN YOU PROCRASTINATION! Oh well... I'll just have to play innocent and hope my teacher accepts it late... Also, there is a reference taken right from one of my favorite books of all time in this chapter. If anyone identifies it... You are officially my favorite human.)

(Murdoc's POV)

A little while after they ate, the dullard left to drop off (Y/N). I didn't make any progress this time, but I'm not worried- I have a plan. She's sure an interesting one... I think I'd like to keep her around for a bit. Besides, I'll have to be careful so I don't get another punch to the nose. Why is it always my nose?!

(2D's POV)

When I got back home, I saw Murdoc sitting on the couch, thinking about something. "That's never a good sign..."  I thought to myself as I walked over. Thinking about earlier, I said, "oy, Mudz, yew actually backed off from (Y/N) earlier. Finally changin' for da betta, eh?" He chuckled and said, "oh, please... Just you wait." I decided I probably didn't want to know any more and just walked off to my room. It probably wasn't in my- or, more importantly, (Y/N)'s- best interest to give him any ideas. I just hope she takes my advice and stays away from him... I don't want a repeat of the Paula Cracker incident...

"No! What are you thinking?!" I mentally scolded myself. "One, she's not like that. Probably. Two, she's not your girlfriend, what does it matter if she falls for Murdoc's 'charm'?"  Of course, that annoying little voice in my head had an instant response: "it matters because you like her." I shook my head, trying to get rid of these thoughts. No way she'd ever like me like that... She'd want someone intelligent... Funny... Good-looking....

I really hope she doesn't fall for Murdoc.
(A/N: aww 2D we think you're those things... Right, Reader-Chan? Right?)

(Your POV)

After I got home and relaxed a bit, I decided to check my phone since I hadn't really been keeping up with everyone back home lately. However, I only had two texts, one from my mom asking how the new place was and one from Rebecca-

Shit.

Rebecca texted two days ago.

She's going to be pissed.

A little backstory on Rebecca... It might sound like I'm scared or upset she texted me. That's not the case at all, she's actually a good friend of mine. She's... Well, she's one of those people that I know I would never be friends with in most situations, but we went to high school together and one day we were paired up for some presentation project that apparently was such a big deal that they made us work on it over the weekend. So, we ended up going to her house to work on it. If I hadn't noticed the (F/G) poster on her wall, all this would have likely been forgotten.
Yep, our whole friendship was built up from a mutual love of (F/G). We would play together whenever we could, and honestly that was pretty much all we did for a while, aside from occasionally visit a coffee shop or something.

The reason I say I don't think we would ever have become friends in any other situation is simply because of how different our personalities are. She's really into fashion, and she's super extroverted and outgoing, but she's also not afraid to say exactly what's on her mind. I'm basically the opposite- I don't care much about what I wear as long as I don't look trashy, I'm a pretty shy and introverted person, and I almost never say what I'm thinking. But somehow we make this work.

Anyways, back to the point, the reason my reaction to Rebecca texting me two days ago was 'shit' is because the one thing that really pisses her off (well, there's a few things, but they would piss pretty much anyone off) is people not replying to calls or texts.

I quickly began to read the shitstorm of messages she had apparently sent without me noticing, and gathered that she had been trying to get in contact with me since we hadn't talked since I moved. Feeling really bad about not answering, I called her, and waited for a response- she's no hypocrite, she always answers her phone unless it's dead, which is a pretty rare occurrence. After a moment, I heard that she picked up, but she didn't say anything. Apprehensively, I said, "um... Hello?"

Nothing happened.

Then, after a moment, nothing continued to happen.

Then...

"SERIOUSLY, (Y/N), WHAT THE FREAKING HELL KEPT YOU FROM ANSWERING YOUR PHONE?! I HIGHLY DOUBT IT WAS YOUR JOB SINCE LAST I CHECKED BEING A JOURNALIST DOES NOT REQUIRE BREAKLESS 24/7 WORK!!"

I winced at her sudden outburst and held the phone a little ways from my ear, currently regretting my life choices. "Sorry, Becca, I was... A little preoccupied..." "I NOTICED." "Well, um, you see, I met someone-" all anger immediately  disappeared from her voice. "Really?! Who? What's he like?! Or she, no judgments here!" I felt myself starting to blush, so I quickly stopped her by saying, "nonononono, it's not like that... Here, let me explain..."