Chapter Sixteen- Spotted

(A/N: an entirely unrelated picture of my dog waiting for someone to come home because apparently I don't count... *tear*)

(2D's POV)

Well... that was... odd... I have a feeling it might take a while to find the right people to star on our album. I mean, it's their performances that matter, but it'd be nice if they had some sanity too.

I walked down the street to the address of the cafe which Paula had sent me. I was desperately hoping we could get this over with quickly. As I neared the cafe, I thought, "it's not too late to leave... say you changed your mind, or maybe just block her number entirely..." Naturally, as I was thinking this, Paula saw me through the window and waved. "Well, never mind, let's just disregard that..."

I walked up to the table where she was. She smiled and said, "I didn't think you'd show up." "I didn't fink I would, either," I answered honestly. She sighed. "look, I'm sorry for what I did-" ha, right- "-but I really just want to talk to you." "Why now?" I was genuinely curious now. She looked down at the coffee in her hands. "Well... you see... lately, it's been really tough for me to get a job, or really go anywhere in public... People recognize me, and they all hate me for what happened-" "I fink yew mean what yew did", I interrupted. "If yew didn't want 'is to happen, yew shoulda just kept away from Murdoc."

Despite me saying this, I couldn't help but notice how different she looked. She used to always wear bright red lipstick, but now it was a pale pink. Her hair was longer and in a ponytail, something I never thought I'd see. And she seemed to have also abandoned her previous clothing choices, now actually wearing some color. But that didn't mean anything, right?

"Again, I'm sorry... I don't know what I was thinking... But-" tired of listening to everything she was saying, I cut her off again, "if all yew want to talk about is 'at, I'm done 'ere." I stood up and walked away, unaware that we were being watched.

(Murdoc's POV)

Faceache went out somewhere, and I decided I had nothing better to do than follow him- but I found something quite interesting. He was going to a cafe, not with (Y/N), but with Paula. Although he and (Y/N) aren't in a relationship (he doesn't know yet), this was still strange, considering that he clearly liked her.

Although from my position in the car I could tell 2D definitely didn't want to be there, I took a few pictures, then drove off. This... this could be useful.

*Timeskip to the next day sponsored by my laziness*

(Your POV)

I was just laying around the house, glad that I had managed to finish the article. I decided against calling Stuart, in case he was still busy. However, just when I was going to start reading a book, there was a knock on the door. Walking to the door and opening it, I realized it was Murdoc.

"Um, hello," I said. "...why-" "not much, I just have something you might want to see," Murdoc said. "Oh, uh, okay..." I wasn't completely sure if I wanted to know what he was going to show me.

Murdoc pulled out his phone, and handed it to me, a picture on the screen. My eyes widened when I saw it was of Stuart and Paula. "I thought you'd want to see it," said Murdoc. "When was this...?" I asked softly. "Yesterday. After we met with some possible collaborators. It's probably nothing, just thought you should know." With that, he took his phone and walked back out, while I returned to my couch.

"He's right, it was probably nothing," I thought. "She was texting him earlier... What did she say...? And why were they together...?" I shook my head. "Stop overthinking things, (Y/N)! He was just talking to her, that's all. They broke up a long time ago. There's nothing to worry about."