Chapter Thirty-Three: Should I Be Sorry?

(A/N: this took way longer than it should have. Blame my friend for letting me have her copy of the Gravity Falls third journal.

Also, I'm proud of Disney for letting the word "damned" be in there uncensored.)

(2D's POV)

I... I can't believe she's going to be moving... I didn't really think that there was much of a chance I'd be getting her back, but... Now I know for sure that's gone forever. (A/N: well, this is fanfiction, so it's going to be inevitable... Shit, sorry, did I ruin the moment? Uh, I'll just leave now... Bye... Tell my story...)

But maybe this is better for the both of us. We can just leave this all behind, forget it ever happened... Okay, that may be some degree of wishful thinking. Still, as much as I hate it, this all just isn't getting the "happy ending" I had contemplated once or twice. The best possible outcome is we just go our separate ways, and I know that, but I hadn't thought that meant living in entirely different countries. And this is still rather sudden to me.

I walked out of my room- only for food, there was really very few reasons to leave the safety of my bed-, accidentally bumping into Murdoc- who, of course, immediately scolded me for not looking where I was going. Although this whole ordeal wasn't really his fault, I couldn't help still feeling angry at him, since multiple times I had gone over everything in my head and found that removing his presence entirely ended just the way I'd want it to. I must've just spaced out, because suddenly Murdoc was in front of me saying, "what's the glum look for, faceache? Rethinking everything you've done wrong in the past six months?" I scowled at him, although despite the rude remarks I felt like I needed to tell him. "I... I jus' found out (Y/N)'s moving. France, apparently." Murdoc nodded and said simply, "I know." "Huh? But she only told me a minute ago-" "Well, she told me first. Does that really surprise you? She probably only notified you to make sure you didn't go showin' up at her place after she left." With that he walked out of the house, and I was just left staring after him.

(Murdoc's POV)

I swear, I would've pretended to be sick and skipped out on helping (Y/N) pack if she hadn't called Russell before me to confirm that I was healthy and had no plans. Yeah, sure, I like her and all, but some things are just worth lying. Being lazy is not worth being punched, though. 

So, that's why I'm now putting a bunch of stuffed animals in a box.

"Why do you even have all these?" I asked her. She shrugged and answered, "sentiment, I guess." "Okay... why do I have to pack them?" "Because I don't trust you with anything breakable." I rolled my eyes as she went into her kitchen to pack some dishes.

A few minutes later, I managed to get all her "plushies" into boxes, so I walked out to tell her. I then heard something I didn't think I ever would: her singing. She hadn't noticed me yet, so I got a chance to hear her voice, and... wow. That's the only word I could think of to describe it.

(A/N: this is the part where a person would normally put lyrics to their favorite song, but I realized I couldn't choose between any of my darling babies, so just pick something you like. In fact, comment it- I want to know!)

When she finished the song, I couldn't help but say, "you've got a lovely voice there, love." She jumped, turning to me in surprise. "Um, t-thank you..." "Why haven't I heard it before?" "Well... I don't usually sing around others..." "You should. You've got some talent." "Uh... Well, anyways, we should really get back to packing." With that, she walked out, and I made sure to remember she could sing.

(A/N: both Gravity Falls and Thomas Sanders references have been included. If anyone spotted them, they get 42 digital cookies.)