Chapter Seventeen- Awkwardness is Contagious

(A/N: I meant to have this up way earlier... I blame Danisnotonfire. Or I guess I should call him Daniel Howell now...)

(2D's POV)

I decided to just distract myself from the whole Paula thing by talking to
(Y/N). I just don't want to be stuck thinking about her when she shouldn't- and doesn't- mean anything to me anymore. The first time I tried calling, she didn't pick up, but she did the second time.

"Hello?" she said, sounding... what was it? Tired? Stressed? Anxious? Maybe upset?

"'Ello, luv... um, sorry, but are yew alright?" Quickly, she responded, "yeah, why?" "Oh... just wonderin'," I said, still wanting to ask further questions. "So... would yew like to hang out fer a bit?" She seemed to be holding back an annoyed remark as she responded, "sure... where?" "Is da park fine? And in about ten minutes?" "Okay." She hung up, and I was left with a bunch of questions. Was she mad at me? Why? I don't think I did anything wrong... Did I? She seemed just fine the last time we were together, and I know for a fact I haven't forgotten any important events between then and now.

I shook my head, deciding I was just making too big of a deal out of nothing. I probably just called at a bad time- maybe she just got up from a nap? Yeah, that's probably it. Since I was already dressed, I just made sure my hair looked decent and walked out to the park to meet (Y/N).

(Your POV)

Crap, I didn't mean to sound that upset with him... I'll have to apologize later. I guess I was still... jealous...? I didn't think my reaction of that sort of thing would be so strong. Whatever, I'll just not think about it, or at least try not to. I tried to make myself look pleasant, then headed out to see Stuart.

As I walked up, I saw Stuart sitting on a park bench. He turned his head and saw me, smiling and making me feel a lot better to know he was happy to see me. I sat down next to him, greeting him with a cheerful-sounding "hello". He looked around for a second, and since hardly anyone was out today, he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, causing me to blush brightly. Stuart grinned and said, "yew're adorable when yew blush, luv."

We talked there for a while, and I reassured him that earlier I wasn't upset with him, I "uh, just got a third article to write this week." Really, I hadn't even had two, but it seemed believable enough. Well, in theory, at least.

(2D's POV)

Eventually it started getting dark, and so we said goodbye and parted ways. When I got home, I was slightly confused by Murdoc asking, "how'd it go?" "Uh... fine," I said. "I'm... just gonna go now..." I walked to my room, still questioning this entire day.

(A/N: This is basically a pointless filler chapter, because I ran out of ideas. Sorry!)