Chapter Twenty-Nine: Misunderstandings Break Love (Part 2)

(A/N: HEY okay so I'm in a really good mood because not only did I get a new phone that isn't half-shattered but my grandmother gave me her old laptop she used to use for her job and yeah it's about four years old but it works perfectly and does everything I'd need it to so she let me have it kyaaaaaaa- but unfortunately my happiness does not mean this shall be a happy chapter. Oops. Sorry in advance.)

(Your POV)

I was sitting at home, staring blankly at an article I had just written. Honestly, I had nothing to do... 2D wasn't returning my calls. I don't know why, but of course it is possible he was busy or had broken his phone or... something. Either way, I decided to call Murdoc. I was bored, and maybe he'd let me come by, or at least tell me why I couldn't get in contact with Stu.

When I called, Murdoc picked up relatively quickly. "'Ey, luv, what's up- something wrong?" He asked. "No- well, not really," I responded. "I was just calling because I was bored and Stuart won't answer me." "2-Dents isn't picking up, eh? The dullard's definitely in his room, so he's probably just staring at the wall or something. I don't know, want to come by?"

Naturally, a couple minutes later I was at the door.

Murdoc answered and let me in. "Russ is out with Noodle right now, not sure where they went," said Murdoc. Well, that explained why the place seemed so empty. "Anyways, Faceache hasn't come out yet... So, uh, follow me..." I began to follow him, although I was momentarily distracted by a mouse peeking out from behind some furniture. Since I'm not a person who's afraid of mice, I couldn't help but inch a little closer to get a good look at it while Murdoc went upstairs to Stuart's room.

The mouse was quickly forgotten when I heard the sound of a door being kicked open and a scream.

Immediately, I ran upstairs to find out what was going on. At first, I just saw an infuriated-looking Murdoc looking ready to murder someone, but when I glanced in the doorway...

There was Stuart, and Paula. She was scrambling to get her clothes and he was hurriedly moving away from her, but it was pretty clear that if Murdoc had caught them any later, this would've been even more scarring than it already was.

Paula soon ran out, and nobody made a move to stop her. Murdoc had his full focus on 2D, and I was totally frozen. Murdoc slowly started to walk towards where Stuart was sitting on the bed. He looked to be trying his hardest to not seem intimidated. Before any words could be exchanged, Murdoc slammed Stuart against the wall at an almost inhuman speed, rage clear in his eyes. "What the fucking hell's wrong with you?! Finally you find a girl that actually likes you, and I find you about to shag your ex! I'm giving you one chance and one chance only to explain yourself before I give you a third dent in your head."

I couldn't move or say a word. I was too caught up in the realization of what was happening. I didn't know exactly what I was feeling. Anger that I had been betrayed? Sadness that he clearly didn't care about me? Maybe even a little vengeful pride that Murdoc was so infuriated with him? I honestly couldn't tell.

Things only got worse when Stuart choked out a reply. "I-I fink yew know why... Both yew and (Y/N)..." Glaring back at Murdoc, he nearly shouted, "I know yew've been lying to me, I saw yew together at her house!" Murdoc stared at him for a moment, then punched him in the face. Multiple times. "Idiot! You fucking idiot- I was there because she needed someone to talk to about the shit you couldn't understand!" More punches. He was definitely going to leave many marks, but underneath it all I could tell that he was holding back a bit since I was still standing right there.

"She told me she was worried because you were having lunch with that bitch- and I convinced her that you weren't cheating- looks like I convinced her wrong!" By now Stuart was bloody, bruised, and terrified. He didn't have anything to say. He couldn't fight back. Trying would only make things worse. So he did the one thing he could do. He looked at me with huge, sad, scared eyes. Eyes that I once thought were beautiful, that I once would have admired not in spite of their damage, but because they genuinely fascinated me. He was crying, something that once would've made me cry to but do anything to stop whatever the source of his sadness was. In a broken, shaking voice, he called out to me, "(Y/N)... luv, please, make 'im stop! I'm beggin' you, just stop him..."

Normally, I would have screamed for Murdoc to stop. But these weren't normal circumstances. Instead, I spoke quietly, "Murdoc..." Both looked at me, and were both shocked by my next words. "I know you can hit harder than that."

I then stepped out, walked quickly down the stairs, and by the time I was at the door, I was running. Even from a distance, I could tell: Murdoc was still hitting 2D, but he wasn't responding anymore. He didn't scream or cry. He didn't protest. He had given up.

I sped home, collapsed onto my bed, and for the first time since I saw what had happened, I cried.

(A/N: okay so I was just writing what came to my head and then reread it... My brain is way more fucking dark than I thought it was... Still publishing it, though. Sorry.)