Chapter Fifteen- Her Again

(A/N: I'm watching the GTLive stream of Day Shift At Freddy's... again... I love that one... also, just to make things clearer, text messages are in bold now.)

(2D's POV)

(Y/N) seemed like she was a little troubled when she left... I wonder why? Well... she probably just has some stress on her mind from work. That's all.

I went back up to my room, not seeing any reason to remain downstairs. After all, with how today's been going, I didn't need Murdoc to ruin it. As I entered and picked up my phone, I saw that I had some messages from someone I didn't really want to talk to... ever... Paula.

Paula: hey

Paula: c'mon, Stu-Pot, talk to me...

Paula: are you really still mad at me? I know what I did was wrong and all, but please?

I rolled my eyes- not that anyone could tell, of course, considering that nobody has actually seen my pupils in years. Still, I didn't want to just leave the messages sitting there- as far as I knew, Paula could now be some psycho crazy person that was going to kidnap me and keep me in her basement if i didn't respond. But, then again, she was always really nice before the... incident... even before I said I was joining a band, so surely she couldn't have been just using me for fame, right? At least some of it must have been genuine...

My near-blissful train of thought crashed into a mountainside allowing for no survivors when the door was shoved open by the person who immediately reminded me why Paula and I broke up in the first place: Murdoc.

"Oi, faceache, don't get too comfy in here, we're going to meet with some possible collaborators for the next album soon," he said. "With Del gone, we've got more spots to fill." I sighed, knowing there was no point in protesting or asking questions. He slammed the door shut and I turned back to my phone.

2D: why are you texting me? I don't wan't to see you again.

Paula: oh, don't be like that. I just want to talk.

2D: I don't care.

Paula: clearly you do, or else you wouldn't have texted me back.

Shit... she had me there.

Paula: please, Stuart, just hear me out...

2D: fine, what the hell do you want?

Paula: I'd just like to catch up. Maybe at a cafe or something? And I don't mean for a date, just a chat.

I had to think about it for a second. She did break my heart and show little to no remorse for it... but still... what if she really has something to say?

2D: fine... but please don't try to get back in the band or anything. Noodle is our guitarist, and we only need one.

Paula: sure, whatever.

I sighed, hoping I wasn't making a mistake. "just remember you can't trust her, and besides, you have (Y/N) as your girlfriend- she's much better than Paula Cracker could ever be, isn't she?"