Chapter Thirty-Four: Could've Gone With a Goodbye

(A/N: heyyyyy... people... I had some writer's block, so... I haven't died yet. Also the Cactus family is almost fifty strong... Wow. That's awesome. Also I'm not really sure how many of you read these notes, but for those of you who do, I guess you might care that I've got Twitter and Instagram now. So if you want to know what my user is on either one, then let me know, and I'll start using them for more than just stalking- er, keeping up with YouTubers. I'd just like to be accessible to you all. ^_^)

(Your POV)

It's finally the day... I hope everything goes smoothly. With the trip, I mean- after all, it doesn't seem like too much to ask for after the events of the past couple of months. Or has it been a year? I honestly wasn't sure. There wasn't too much reason to keep track of anything but my work.

I gave a sort of humorless laugh as I recalled all that's happened. At this point, it seemed almost weird to imagine the fangirling mess I had been when I met Stu- 2D, since now if I saw him on the street I'd be most likely to avoid eye contact and keep walking.

I can't even tell if I'm glad to have met him or not- I will admit, even if it's to myself only, that when we were together I had been incredibly... Happy. It's such a simple word, but it fit the description of my emotions the best. Still... I wish I could listen to all the new Gorillaz songs with the same enthusiasm I would have before. And now that I can't hear 2D's voice the same, and Noodle's gone...

Well, I've still got MCR for music.* And I've got a new life to start! Speaking of which, my taxi's here.

(2D's POV)

I was just walking down the road when a taxi passed me, and I glanced at the person in it. (Y/N)? Doesn't she have a car? Unless she sold it already, which would mean...

I started running back home.

I was out of breath when I arrived, but I didn't stop until I found Murdoc, the member of the band (Y/N) had- unfortunately- ended up closest with. He stared at me with confusion on his face, and still plenty of disapproval- he probably blamed me for her leaving. Honestly, he might not be completely wrong in thinking that. But for the time being, I just asked, "Mu'doc, when was (Y/N) leavin'? (A/N: months of writing this fic and I still suck at writing his accent...) Murdoc was now full-on glaring at me. "Why do you need to know? To beg her to stay like this were some stupid romantic comedy? Well, too bad, she's probably already gone- she was leaving today!"

That's it, then. She's gone and I can't do anything about it. I walked out of the room with a defeated "okay". There's nothing else I can say, after all- I've lost all control I had over our situation. She was thrown into my life by chance, and now there's no way I can get her back in it.

She's just... Gone.

~~~~~The end... For now~~~~~

*I'm sorry.