Chapter 1

Ruru

I sighed as I look at the flowers on the passenger seat. I just park my car on the parking space of the hospital. I smiled sadly as I look at the flowers, will be this enough so that she can remember me? Will this be enough so that she can believe and trust me like she used to?

I hope so. But I know it wouldn't be enough.

It's stupid right? But I just want her to remember me again. I just want her back, not just for me but for our kids.

I was in front of her hospital room but I was walking back and forth if I should knock or not. My hands were shaking; I could even hear my heart beat because the last time I saw her was the first time I walk away from her.

I just don't know, I wasn't with her when the doctor explained she has a post-traumatic amnesia where she could remember a one incident in her life, and guess what she remembers? That stupid guy who broke her heart and now she's calling her fiancé.

"Ezekiel" Mama's eyes widen when she saw me in front of the door when she opened it "Kanina ka pa ba diyan? Bakit hindi ka kumatok?"

Napangiti na lang ako kay Mama sabay kamot sa ulo ko.

"Ma, sino yan?" narinig kong tanong ni Kylie.

"Ahhh it's Ruru anak" saad ni Mama sabay hila sa akin.

Syempre, nanlaki ang mga mata ko ng hinila ako ni Mama papasok sa loob ng kwarto ni Kylie. Dude, nagdadalawang-isip pa nga ako diba? Tapos hihilahin lang ako ng ganun?

Si Mama talaga maparaan.

Breathe Ezekiel! Breathe!

I tried to stay calm while I was looking at her. Wala pa rin siyang pinagbago, she may be at the hospital and wearing the hospital gown but her beauty and being simple remains.

"Ky, I'll just go out and buy a food okay? Zeke, ikaw muna bahala kay Kylie, okay?"

Napatango ako sa sinabi ni Mama at tsaka napatingin sa bulalak na hawak ko "Hi" I said.

"Hi" she answered with an awkward tone.

"Para nga sa'yo" sambit ko sabay abot ng bouquet ng tulips. It's one of her favorites. Kylie love roses but she hates it when I give it to her, for her receiving those bouquet of roses from me is a cliché.

"Thank you" she said awkwardly when she get the flowers as she smell the tulips, I saw her lips curved into a smile after smelling it.

That's the Kylie that I know.

Kylie looks at me and smiled awkwardly "Sorry, I don't know why but I wasn't really like this before but maybe it became a hobby of mine smelling the flowers when I received one"

"It's okay, hun, you don't need to be sorry"

She looks shock.

"Is everything okay hun?"

She smiled at me awkwardly "Yeah"

"Sh**!" I said and look at her apologetically when I realized what I did to make the atmosphere awkward "Sorry, nasanay lang kasi ako - -"

"Yun ba ang tawagan natin?" she asked and cut me off.

Tumango ako "Sorry kung nabigla kita, hindi - -"

"Why are you apologizing Ru? Kanina ka pa nagsorry hindi mo naman kasalanan kung bakit wala akong naalala tungkol sa'yo" Kylie said as she looks at me "In fact it's my fault kung bakit ako nagkaganito so stop blaming yourself, if you know me better than anyone else does alam mong ayaw kong may naawa ng dahil sa kalagayan ko!" she brusted and she sounds so frustrated.