Chapter 1

August 2025

I turned my TV up a bit more when I heard my mother moans becoming unbearable. It was 1 in the morning and I guess she and Shawn thought everyone was sleep so that they can be nasty.

Of course, my brother and sister was sleeping, but me? I was too busy on facetime with my best friend to go to sleep.

"Do they ever like...you know stop?" My best friend, China asked. Despite being on the other end of the phone she could hear what was going on in my parents' room.

I chuckled and reposition myself on the bed so that I was a bit more comfortable. "Girl, at least you can just hang up, me on the other hand has to put my TV on the highest volume so that I can tune her out. It got to the point where I had to sleep in the guest room downstairs because I didn't hear her as much down there."

China acted like she was throwing up and laughed "Your parents are gross."

I giggled "I know, but anyways enough about them. Let's talk about how we are entering high school in the am. We are officially young adults."

I was extremely excited about being in high school. I don't know if it's because of all the TV shows I watch were they made high school seem fun or if it's because I'm entering a new stage in my life.

"I'm excited too, I just hope we don't grow apart. You know how it goes, we enter as best friends, but then somehow we get lost in different crowds and don't be as close anymore." I shook my head and laughed a little, China can be so dramatic at times.

"China, we are not going to drift apart so don't trip. The only thing we need to worry about if high school is like Degrassi. Now that's what I'm scared of." The both of us shared a laughed.

"Yea, that is something to worry about. I might be Emma though, the school nerd who is all about health environment and saving the world."

"I don't know who I can relate too just yet, but what I do know is I need to get some sleep." I yawned then stretched "Good night, girly see you in the morning."

"Good night, Lexi." we blew each other a kiss then hung up.

I set my alarm for 6:30 then put my phone on the charger and sat it on the night stand. It didn't take long for me to go to sleep.

Kehlani's, Everything is Yours, from her album SweetSexySavage was playing through my speakers as I was doing my hair

Kehlani's, Everything is Yours, from her album SweetSexySavage was playing through my speakers as I was doing my hair. My hair is already naturally curly, so I was just adding some products to keep it moisturize. I should have had my mother straighten it for me last night, but it would have taken forever and my patience for my hair only last so long.

As I was finishing in the bathroom, there was knocking at my door. From how light the knock was, I already knew who it was and I rolled my eyes. It was way too early for her. I tried my best to ignore her, but her knocks were getting louder.