Chapter 26

I really don't want to go New York for thanksgiving, but according to my mother I didn't have a choice. So here I am trying to pack for a three-day break.

As I was putting whatever in my suitcase, I thought about how depress I've been feeling. Things have died down at school and no one is talking about me anymore. Three big fights happened between some sophomore girls so that's been the topic. Everyone has been giving their own versions as to why these girls were beefing with each other.

But the reason for me to feel so depress is because, Michael and I are no longer together. He hasn't been coming to lunch and the Spanish class we got together, he moved from his original seat which was next to me, and now he's sitting in the back. It just hurts that he's going through these lengths just to avoid me.

I honestly wish everything was different and we didn't have to break up, but these were my mother wishes and I had to obey them. I didn't need her yelling at me about something else or how I'm constantly disrespecting her.

Today is Wednesday which means Thanksgiving is tomorrow. My family and I are heading to the airport tonight to leave to go to New York to spend the holiday with Shawn's family and I want to ask my mother so bad can I stay at home. I know she will tell me no but it wouldn't hurt to try. Besides she's surprisingly been in such a good mood lately and I have no idea why. She's been smiling more and has been talking to me as well.

I don't know what made her happy but whatever it is, I wish the same thing happened to me so I could feel some happiness in my life right now.

Deeply sighing, I got up from my bed when I heard someone knocking at my door. It was only 5 something, we're not leaving until 7 since the plane doesn't take off until 8:30.

"Hey, baby girl." My mom greeted when I opened the door. I gave her a dry hey and stepped to the side to let her in. "I see someone is finishing their packing. I just finished packing your brother and sister's bag."

She sat down on my bench and stared at me. I hate when she does that because I know she's studying me, trying to figure out what's going on.

"How you been feeling?"

"I don't know." I said with a shrug and sat back down on my floor.

"You don't know or you don't want to tell me."

"Both" I admitted.

She shook her head, "Lexi, I'm not trying to be the enemy okay. I just want you to talk to me. I've seen how you been walking around here all zombie like as if your life is over with."

"What's the big deal, everyone has their sad days. Some people have days where everything irritates them and they don't want to be bother."

"I understand that but you know you've been moody for the past week and the half. You don't want to go to New York and you usually love spending time with Shawn's family. So, let me guess you broke up with Michael." Without even looking at her, I nodded my head slowly.