Chapter 40

"What do you mean she's in labor?!" I all but yelled into the phone.

"That's what the doctor told me Mrs. Carter." Michael said with sadness in his voice. "The doctor thought that the contractions would stop and it would be considered a false alarm, but it's not. She's really going to have the baby."

I deeply sighed as I rushed to get everything I needed so that I could leave. "Alright well I am on my way. Let Lexi know I will be there soon." I hung up the phone and proceed to walk out the door.

"Naomi can you cancel all my appointments and let them know it was an emergency and I am sorry for rescheduling on short notice."

"Is everything okay, Bey?" She asked with concerned.

I shook my head no, "No but it will be."

I left out the building and headed towards my car. My phone immediately connected to my Bluetooth so I pressed the call button to call Shawn. He needed to know what was going on.

You have reached the voicemail box of...

"Damnit!" I yelled. His phone went straight to voicemail so he's more than likely probably in a meeting right now.

I looked at the time on the radio and saw it was close to being 3'o clock. That means Blue is about to get out of school and needs someone to pick her up. Shawn might do it since he knows I would have been working late tonight, but I need him to be at the hospital with me and Lexi.

When I made it to a red light, I quickly went through my contacts to call my mother. Thank God, she answered after the third ring. I pulled off once the light turned green.

"Hey Bey." My mother sweet voice answered.

"Mom, I need you to go pick up Blue for me. Lexi is in labor and I am on my way to the hospital. Shawn's phone is going straight to voicemail so I don't know if he went up to the school yet and got her."

"Omg what happened? Why did she go into labor so soon?" She asked panicking.

"I don't know ma, I don't have any specific details right now, but I will inform you once I do."

"Okay sweetie, I'll go get Blue. But Bey, baby do not stress about this. Lexi and the baby will be fine."

"I hope so." I mumbled.

I hung up with my mother and called the school to let them know my mother would be a few minutes late picking Blue up. Thankfully they didn't trip and said they didn't mind keeping Blue.

------------

When I made it to the hospital I was about to go to the reception desk to ask for Lexi's room, but I spotted Michael who was in the lobby pacing back and forth.

"Why aren't you up there with her?" I said to him as I walked up. He stopped pacing and looked at me. If I didn't know any better I would think he was crying from how red his eyes looked.

"She didn't want me in the room with her. Told me that she didn't want to see my face right now."

"What the hell you do to her?" If he is the reason my baby went into labor early, I am going to kick his ass.

"She's mad at me for something Jessica said to her."

I frowned and shook my head, "I do not have time for this high school mess. Give me your visitor pass so that I can go see my baby." He handed it to me and told me what floor and room she was in.

Getting off the third floor and heading to room 304, I could hear someone groaning in pain as I got closer to Lexi's room. I damn near cried when I saw my baby in pain while holding onto the rails of the bed.