Chapter 3

"So, he like dead, dead?" My best friend Liam said like a dummy. He was my Aunt's Logan son, and because we basically grew up together we see each other like brother and sister. He was trying to cheer me up so we're at the mall doing some shopping and eating.

"Stupid how dead can he be?"

Liam took a sip of his strawberry smoothie, "Ion know I was just saying something, but that is messed up tho. How you been holding up?"

I shrugged my shoulders while dipping my French fry into the cheese "I've been numbed these pasts few days. I cried hard when I first found out, but now it just a non-existing emotion. I guess it has to do with the fact, that I am going to see my dad during the funeral."

Both Liam and China know how I feel about my father. I was hurt at first when he moved to Dallas because it was a decision he made without thinking about me. I get that he wanted to be closer to my grandfather, but I felt like he still should have considered the fact, he was going to be 3 hours away from his oldest child. I have a feeling Kelly had something to do with the move, but who knows. My father is a grown man who can make his own decisions.

"I know how you feel about that. My pops had the nerve to show up the other day at the crib thinking all was forgiven because he showed up with the new Call of Duty. Like nigga no, it's go take more work than just bringing me a new game."

"That's crazy, I don't get why parents think material things will help to heal the pain they put their child through. My dad bought me this latest iPhone as a graduation gift, thinking I was going to forget all the pain he had caused me by moving away and not seeing me."

Liam shook his head and reached over to the basket of fries we were sharing, "Shit is crazy, but I guess we won't understand until we have a child of our own."

"I guess but I will never treat my child so coldly."

While Liam and I were engaging in a conversation, I seen on the other side of the food court was Michael and he looked like he was with some friends. I don't know why but I began to feel nervous, I didn't want him to see me.

I quickly wiped my mouth then use my phone camera as a mirror to make sure there was nothing in my teeth or around my mouth.

"Yo, Lex you alright?"

I look at Liam and gave him a fake smile "Of course, I'm alright, why wouldn't I be."

"Because you lowkey sweating right now. You act like you got some weed or something on you and the police about to check you."

"I look that nervous?" he nodded his head and I took a breather to calm myself down. "I'm sorry, I just seen someone from school and I was hoping he doesn't notice me."

Liam frowned "He? You got a boyfriend already?"

"What no, he's a frie—well I honestly don't know what to call him. But we've been texting for some days now and I can admit I do like him."