Chapter 36

I was in my office going over the new location that the construction workers were going to be building at. We had the job of building a new fitness gym and in at least six months it should be done. We already got the sketches drawn out, it was just now time to take in action. I was going through my list trying to find which workers I wanted on this job.

As I was doing just that there was a knock at my door, not looking up from my Mac Book, I told whomever to come in.

"Mr. Carter," my assistant said getting my attention. I looked up at her, "There is a Mr. Porter outside the lobby asking if it was a good time to speak to you."

I frowned, I don't know anyone who has that last name.

"Is he someone I worked with before?"

My assistant shrugged her shoulders, "I don't think so. He said something about his son knowing your daughter." Aw shit, I thought to myself. What the hell does Michael father want.

I saved my files on my laptop and closed it, "You can send him on in."

"You sure? I know you can be pretty busy."

"It's fine, I'm sure this conversation won't even be long." My assistant nodded her head and left out. No more than two minutes later, my door was being opened back up and there was Michael's father walking in.

I stood up and stretch out my hand, "Hi, you must be Mr. Porter, I'm Mr. Carter but you can call me Shawn." He looked down at my hand before making the gesture of shaking it.

"You can sit down if you like." I offered while taking a sit myself.

"Mr. Carter, I don't mean to stop here unannounced but there is something I would like to speak to you about." He said once he sat down.

I nodded my head "You're fine, I wasn't that busy anyways. But what is it you would like to speak to me about?"

He cleared his throat, "Well it was brought to my attention yesterday by my son that he had a girlfriend name Lexi. I don't mind my son dating or even having sex because let's face it, he's a 17-year-old boy who wants to have his share of fun. Now what I do mind is him coming to his mother and I telling us that he got his former girlfriend pregnant and how he's not attending the annual basketball camp he goes to during the summer because he wants to be there for the birth of his child."

I scrunched up my face, "I'm sorry Mr. Porter, I don't see the issue with Michael wanting to step up and be a man. He's finally taking responsibility for his actions because at first he didn't even want to be there for Lexi and their child."

"Are you aware how young are children are? They do not need to be anyone's parents yet. Especially with a future ahead of them. My son is going pro and I don't need him being distracted."

"Oh, I see what this is." I said with a laugh. "You're one of those parents who live their dreams throughout their child. You don't want Michael to be a father because it will hurt his chances of going pro? I don't think a baby will honestly hold Michael back especially if he's good. Michael can learn how to balance the two and I'm sure he will have the best of both world."