Chapter 15

2 weeks Later

I was sitting in my Spanish class listening to a 90s & 2000s playlist on YouTube. The current song I was listening to was Mary J Blige, No More Drama. I don't know why but for some reason this song was putting me in my feelings. Well the whole playlist was but for some reason this particular song was.

Maybe it has to do with this being the hardest two weeks ever and it's frustrating because I feel like I literally have no one to talk to about what I am going through.

My dad claims my mom cheated that's why they divorced, I'm at odds with what I allowed Michael to do, and China and I are still not talking.

Even though I can talk to Jessica about certain things, it's still hard for me to get vulnerable with her. It's like I can come talk to her about things that deal with being a girlfriend, but when it comes to being deep and personal about my family it seems weird. Or maybe I'm thinking too much of it.

I looked up from my phone and just looked around class. Almost every student had their headphones in listening to their music. We had a sub today and our teacher, Mrs. Lopez didn't leave a lot of work so everyone was done within 20 minutes and was on their phones doing whatever.

The one person I was surprised that wasn't here was Michael. Maybe he got word we had a sub and didn't come. I know a lot of students ask their friends if a certain teacher is here or not so they can make the decision to either attend that class or bring one of their friends for that period.

Just when I thought he was ditching, Michael walked in. He didn't seem happy or shocked to see a sub so maybe he did ask around. The sub took his ID and marked him present then he walked over to his seat which was the desk next to me.

I did my best to try to avoid eye contact with him. We haven't spoken in these two weeks so it feels weird to be in the same space as him. Especially when I have been ignoring his phone calls and texts.

Acting like I found something interesting in my phone, I scrolled up and down on Instagram. It didn't take long for me to get bored and head back onto YouTube and finish listening to my playlist.

I was zoning out and was in my own little world until I felt a tap on my shoulder. Already knowing who it was, I rolled my eyes and pretended as if I didn't feel it. This time Michael tapped a bit harder.

"What do you want?" I asked with an attitude as I took my headphones out my ear.

Michael held his hand up "Sorry for bothering you."

"You tapped me a bit too hard. Didn't anyone teach you to keep your hands to yourself?" He just stared at me before laughing.

"Damn girl, you really still mad at that? Lexi that shit is old when you go lose the attitude."

"I'm glad you think it's funny." I was about to put my headphones back in, but he stopped me.

"Aight, aight. I'm sorry for laughing even more sorry for what went down in my room, but girl you acting like you don't have no parts. You could have stopped me at any time but you didn't because you enjoyed it."

Before I spoke, I looked around to make sure no one was eavesdropping, "I'm not denying that I didn't enjoy it. I'm upset at the fact you didn't understand how I felt. You basically told me to get over it because we didn't have sex. You know I'm a virgin." I whispered the last part. "So, you should know everything we do will freak me out. I'm new to this and you know it."

I didn't want to spill all this out during our class period, but he brought it up which provoked me to even say anything. I just hope now he understand where I am coming from.