Chapter 24

I breathed hard as fuck as I did my last push up of my work out

I breathed hard as fuck as I did my last push up of my work out. I was tired as hell but I couldn't deny how much that work out helped relieve some stress. I wasn't able to take my frustration out in another way so working out was my only option right now.

I got off the floor, grabbed my bottle of water and sat down on one of the benches. I needed to catch my breath.

"Shawn don't tell me you done tapped out on me." Zane said coming off the treadmill. He sat down next to me and drunk his bottle of water.

"Nigga, I'm tired as fuck. This shit wore me out."

He laughed, "But you needed it though. This is the best way to relieve whatever pent up anger you got inside of you."

"Tell Bey that shit cuz she needs it more than me."

Zane shook his head while chuckling, "Yo, no disrespect but Bey ass is crazy. I mean I should have known that shit when I first met her and she beat ole girl ass in the bar."

I chuckled at him remembering that time Bey had to put hands on Kelly. I guess you can say my baby always been a fighter.

"Yea, that's Beyoncé for you. She's out here beating everyone's ass expect for the main person who needs it."

"Oh word? Who acting up?" I didn't want to tell him about the shit Lexi been doing because one it isn't my place to run my mouth about my step daughter business and secondly because I don't know everything that is going on besides her drinking. Bey been keeping me in the dark and not telling me shit.

"Shit its just Lexi being a teenager but I feel like she will straighten up a bit if Bey was to just whoop her ass one good time. But since Bey didn't get whoopings growing up, she doesn't believe in them. All she does is give out warnings and that's it." My parents weren't afraid to beat my ass or my siblings' ass whenever we thought it was okay to act up. As soon as we did some stupid shit we caught a belt to our back side.

"Sometimes whoopings don't always work." Zane stated, "Kids are going to be kids so sometimes giving them whoopings is only another excuse to act out."

I waved him off, "Tomatoe, tomato. I get all parents have a way to discipline their children but sometimes enough is enough and an ass whooping is what they need." I have no problem with the way Bey discipline the kids, but I feel like she needs to really put her foot down so that Lexi will stop thinking it is okay to do whatever the hell she wants.

"Fair enough, but enough of the kids. Is everything all right with you and Bey?" He asked, I knew eventually he was going to bring it up.

I wiped the remaining sweat from my face and shrugged, "We haven't really said shit to each other since the day shit came crashing down. Ion even know if I want to address the issue with her. I'm mad as fuck she thinks it is okay to keep putting her hands on me."