Chapter 38

"Sage, can you please stop putting your fingers in your mouth." All he did was laugh and put his two fingers back in his mouth. "You are making a mess."

I was sitting in the kitchen feeding him, his brown sugar oatmeal that he wanted to play in. I know babies are being babies but it really works my nerves when they put their hand in their mouth after getting some food. They just make a mess for no reason.

Blue had already eaten so she was in her room probably playing with her toys or in my room talking her father's ears off. The only person who's not up yet in the house is Lexi. I checked on her a half hour ago and she still wasn't feeling well. She had asked me to fix her some chicken soup with some orange juice. Once she ate all that, she threw it back up and went back to sleep.

I feel sorry for her because I know how it feels to be sick while being pregnant. It's mostly torture because you can't take anything to help with the sickness. All you can do is take the pain and pray the sickness doesn't last forever.

"Mommy's big boy! You finished all your food!" I showed him the empty bowl and he smiled and clapped. I handed him his sippy cup that had milk in it and went to go put the dish in the sink.

Now that all my kids have eaten it's time to fix me something to eat. This is usually my trick to have my food all to myself. Feed the kids first so that they are full and won't beg for my food. It works every now and then.

I took out some waffles, eggs, and potatoes and grabbed two of my skillets. I looked over at Sage who was slowly falling back to sleep in his high chair. I chuckled and walked over to him. Before taking him out, I took a picture then undid his table and unbuckled him.

"Guess you caught the itis huh?" I joked and kissed all over him. He paid me no attention and just snuggled up against me. I didn't feel like taking him upstairs so I put him in his play pin that was in the living room.

Once I got him situated and knew for sure he was sleep, I headed back to the kitchen to make my breakfast.

I was in heaven as I placed a piece of waffle in my mouth

I was in heaven as I placed a piece of waffle in my mouth. I swear waffles are the best breakfast food ever. As I was enjoying my meal that I cooked, I heard sniffles and coughing. Looking up from my plate, it was Lexi standing in the doorway of the kitchen looking pale.

Her curly hair was on top of her head in a messy bun, she had on black jogging pants and a long black sweatshirt, with black socks on her feet. My poor baby looked terrible.

"Lexi, why are you out of bed? You should be resting until you feel better now you're spreading your sickness throughout the house." I do not have time for anyone else in the house to get sick. Nothing is more exhausting than dealing with sick kids and a sick husband.

"I'm tired of being in my room." Her voice was so hoarse. She made her way over to the table and sat down. "Can you fix me so more soup?"

I sighed and nodded my head yes even though I want to finish my food. I got up and went to the cabinet to retrieve a can of soup. I took out a pot and poured the soup in there and placed it on the stove so that it can cooked that way. I also fixed her some orange juice and handed it to her.