Chapter 37

"Thank you, Mr. Carter, I promise to be out you guys way by the morning." Michael said to Shawn. All Shawn did was nod his head.

"Lexi, don't be in here too long. You gotta get up for school in the morning." He gave me a look before walking out.

I waited until he was out of sight to talk to Michael, "So, your dad kicked you out permanently?" I can't even imagine my mom ever being that harsh to me. Experiencing an ass whooping was enough to make me learn my lesson.

Michael shook his head no, "Naw, I think he's just pissed because I wouldn't abide by his rules. When I told my parents about the baby, he was mad as fuck. Like on some hulk type of shit. My mom on the other hand just cried but said we would get through this. But my dad was basically telling me that he was going to fix this and some other bs. Said he was going to talk to your people about agreeing on a deal."

"A deal?" I said with my face scrunched up, "What type of deal."

"Giving you 5gs a month in exchange for me not being in the baby's life."

"Wow" was my only response to that. Here I was thinking Michael was just a terrible person, but his father is just as worse. Now I know where he gets his behavior from.

He nodded his head, "Yup he thought that I was going to agree with it but when I told him that I was going to be there for my child and help raise it, he threw a bitch fit and kicked me out. Said that since I don't wanna obey his rules then I gotta find somewhere else to stay."

"But I'm not tripping though. I'm sure my mother is going to talk some sense into him and then all will be forgiven."

I just gave him a soft smile and got up from the bed. I know if I stay in here any longer either my dad or mom is going to have an attitude and I do not need that.

"I'm going to go to bed but I hope things will smooth over with your father. I know how it feels to have your parents mad at you and trust it's not a good feeling."

"I hope so too, but I'm not go trip if they don't. But good night Lexi, I'll see you in the morning."

------------

"Momma!!" I called out as I walked into her room. I saw that Shawn was sleeping in the bed so I closed my mouth quickly so that I wouldn't wake him up. I saw that their bathroom door was opened so I made my way in there.

"Child why are you screaming my name." My mother said while doing her hair.

"I was looking for you. I didn't see you in Sage's room. I'm guessing he's not going over Nana's house today?"

"No, he's not. Shawn's staying home today so there's no reason for him to go over there." I nodded my head and let out a drastic sigh. She gave me a quick glance and went back to focusing on her hair.

"Something you want?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Because you are in my bathroom, bothering me while I am trying to get ready, and you just made that dramatic ass sound to get my attention. Now what do you want."

"Will it be a problem if a ride with Michael to school?"

She finally finished her hair and turned to look at me, "I should have known it had to do with that boy."

"So, is that a yes? I understand if you say no, I just thought it would be easier since you know he's going to the same school as me and that will save you on some gas and---

"Why are you trying to convince me so hard to let you ride with this boy? I don't care Lexi, you're already pregnant there's nothing else you could do."