Chapter 2

I sighed when I heard my alarm clock go off. I haven't had to get up at this time in six months and I can admit that has spoiled me. Not working for six months has been bittersweet for me. I had to take the time off because of the sickness both me and Sage had gotten once he was born. Sage had caught a cold two weeks, after he was born, but me on the other had caught pneumonia. It was so terrible, not being able to move around and bond with my baby boy like I wanted to, but with the both of us being sick wasn't a good mixture. It was a lot on Shawn to do, but with the help of Lexi, even Blue we recovered.

I finally found the strength to get up from laying on Shawn's chest and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get in the shower.

As you can see a lot of things has changed in the last five years besides Shawn and I still being madly in love and enjoying being married to each other. Lexi, my baby girl, is no longer a child anymore. She is becoming a young woman with a good head on her shoulders. She had graduated as salutatorian while her best friend, China was valedictorian at their eighth-grade graduation. Every day she makes me proud of being her mother.

Miss Blue Carter, is no longer a baby herself. She has a smart-ass mouth and is spoiled to death, no thanks to her father. She can go out and murdered someone and Shawn will have an excuse as to why she did it. Blue, does no wrong in her father eyes and that is why she acts the way she does. He doesn't discipline her and when I try to, he comes and save her. It can be frustrating because he's teaching her, when mommy says no then daddy will say yes. Nevertheless, that's my Blue Blue.

Then last, but not least our son Sage Amir Carter is the biggest blessing to me. Losing my first son was very heart breaking and ever since then I wanted to have a boy. I was sad at first about Blue not being a boy, but I knew patience was key. Shawn and I had decided when Blue was three to try for another baby. It took some time and many positions to get pregnant again, but it happened. Shawn and I was ecstatic when we found out we were having a boy. All that hard work paid off and now our family is complete.

I wrapped the towel tight around my body, and went to my side of the closet to find something simple for work. It wasn't going to be much of a busy day, so I just needed something comfortable. A pair of slacks and a nice blouse should do.

I was in the mirror combing my hair, when I heard Shawn drag his feet to the bathroom

I was in the mirror combing my hair, when I heard Shawn drag his feet to the bathroom. It was only six in the morning so I knew he was only getting up to use the bathroom. He didn't have to be in work til 8.

"Good Morning babe." He said as he used the bathroom.

"Good morning."

He flushed the toilet then washed his hands and brushed his teeth. When he was done, he stood behind me and placed his face in my neck.

"You smell so damn good." He mumbled.

I grinned "Thank you baby."

I felt his hands move to my hips and rubbed them up and down, "Got on these tight as pants, showing off your figure. You need to go change into some jogging pants."