Chapter 5

The both of us were quiet as we got ready in the bathroom. It was 7 in the morning and we both had to be at work by at least 8:30. Since Shawn's job was in the direction of my mother's house, he was going to drop Sage off while I was going to drop the girls off at school.

I stood in the mirror in my pencil skirt and a white bra as I applied minimal make up to my face. I was leaving my hair down so I didn't have to do anything to it, but brush it. Shawn was on his side of bathroom. Our room came with a his and her sink so he was over there cleaning up his cut.

I felt bad as I watched him from the corner of my eyes, clean his wound. And to know I was the reason behind it, made me even sadder. I don't know what came over me last night with slapping him and throwing my heels at him. I was just extremely upset when I smelt another's woman perfume on him.

Regardless of how I felt, putting my hands on him was not okay. He could have lost control and hit me back and I know everyone would be angry with him if they found out he hit me. Despite me being the one who hit him first.

Putting my pride to the side, I walked over to him. I didn't need for us to be on bad terms.

"Let me look at it." I said softly as I took the cotton ball that he was using out of his hand. The cut wasn't deep, but it was long enough to be seen and a bit of skin was taken off.

Instead of protesting he let me put the alcohol on his wound. I softly blew it to calm the stinginess down. I heard him draw a couple quick breaths to help handle the burning feeling.

"I'm sorry I slapped you and threw my shoes at you. I was just upset about everything." Shawn looked down at me and shook his head.

"You don't know your own strength."

"I see that now." I took the cotton ball off the cut and grabbed a bandage "You should leave the bandage on for a couple of hours then afterwards take it off so that the wound can breathe."

Shawn nodded his head and mumbled a thank you before leaving out the bathroom. I could tell he was still angry about last night so I knew it will be a while before we talk. When Shawn is mad at me, it honestly takes a lot to get back on his good side.

I walked out the bathroom and went over to the bed to grab my blouse. Shawn wasn't in the room, I'm guessing he was either getting Sage ready or fixing the girls something to eat. Truthfully, they can just eat some cereal and call it a day.

"Mommy you looked pretty!" Blue complimented me

"Mommy you looked pretty!" Blue complimented me. I had came into the kitchen to see everyone including Shawn eating a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. Sage was drinking his milk bottle in his high chair.

I gave her a kiss "Thank you baby"

I grabbed a banana and sat at the table, it was so much awkward tension between me and my husband. We didn't look at each other or anything, we just spoke to the kids with separate conversations.