Chapter 12

I looked at Aaliyah in disbelief when she mentioned Xavier's name. She couldn't possibly be his daughter. He never mentioned getting a girl pregnant to me when we were together or even around the time I was pregnant so this is taking me by surprise. I guess she could see the confusion written all over my face because she pulled out her phone and showed me a picture.

"That's my mother Angela, she's a couple years older than you, but nevertheless my father dated the both of you at the same time

"That's my mother Angela, she's a couple years older than you, but nevertheless my father dated the both of you at the same time. When she got pregnant, she was already in college and decided to keep me, she told me how my father begged her to get an abortion because he already had to deal with another girl being pregnant. Which was you, but my mother wasn't agreeing with that. Even when he gave her the money to get the abortion, she took it and spent it on things she knew I was going to need."

Tears filled my eyes as I listened to Aaliyah. I can't believe her mother was strong enough to stand up to Xavier and have her child while I was being weak and listening to him about how we both didn't need a child. I know I could have made my own decision and decided to have my baby and raise him or her as a single parent but I chickened out. I fucking let someone else control my decision.

"I'm sorry I know this is a bit much, but—

"Did you apply to be an intern so that you could tell me all this?"

"What no? I didn't know who you were until I stepped in your office. I swear I didn't do all this on purpose."

I just looked at her and shook my head, this was entirely too much. I thought Xavier would be out of my life forever, but somehow, he makes a way to come back in my life and fuck it back up.

I grabbed 40 dollars out my purse and threw it on the table. I know are lunch didn't cost that much so that should cover it. I couldn't stay here any longer and listen to her tell me about Xavier being her father.

"Mrs. Carter, I really didn't mean to upset you. I know all the things my father did to you and Naomi and it just saddens me because—

I interrupted her again, "I have to go. You don't need to come back to the office today or ever."

Aaliyah looked taken back "You're firing me? I didn't do anything wrong."

"Good luck in college and in your professional field. You can find the experience somewhere else. I can't have you in my work place knowing the history I have with your father and also the history Naomi has with him."

I grabbed my things and walked away, I didn't need to wait around and hear her begged for her job. I can't trust that it was just a coincidence and I refuse to fall for Xavier bullshit again. He will not fool me three times.

"Wait so you mean to tell me the same person you hired as an intern turned out to be Xavier's daughter?" Shawn asked.

I nodded my head and put my feet in his lap. I came home early because I needed to clear my mind. I didn't have any other clients for the day so I was fine. "Shawn, I cannot tell how weirded out I felt. I leant in to give her a hug to...you know comfort her and then she whispered in my ear talking about Xavier was wrong about me. Like that shit freaked me out because when she was talking to me about her father, Xavier never popped up in my mind. Even when she mentioned her father being in jail."