Chapter 29

"Wait, she did what with who?" Shawn asked. I sat down on the bed and let out a frustrated noise.

"She said she had sex with Michael." I repeated.

"You gotta be bullshitting Bey. Kiddo ain't wilding out there like that." He said shaking his head. "I know it gotta be a mistake."

"You don't think I wish the same? She told me out of her own mouth what she did. The sad part of it all was this boy really wanted her goods. Slept with her and went on to the next person. Her friend at that."

"That's fucked up." he mumbled.

I honestly can't believe she lost her virginity. I don't even think she thought this out. Probably figured having sex with him would make him like her even more so she did it. The sad part about this is that, she needed to get her heartbroken so that she can realize this boy wasn't the most important thing ever. But I didn't want her to lose her virginity in the process. You can get your heart broken without having sex with a person. Why couldn't she do that? Hell, why couldn't she just come to me and I would have at least gave her a pep talk to make her understand that she wasn't emotionally or mentally ready for sex.

"Bey did you hear what I said?" Shawn asked breaking me from my thoughts.

"No, I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"Are you still going to send her out there to Kenneth's?" I bit my lip and forgot all about that. I was supposed to drive her out there to Dallas tomorrow so that she could spend a week out there with her father. But that's not happening anymore.

"No, she's staying out here. I'm going to call Kenneth and let him know the change of plans."

Shawn nodded his head, "You think once you tell him what's going on, he's going to come out here."

I got up from the bed and went over to my side, to get my phone. I unlocked it and went to my contacts.

"I don't know and I'm not going to hold my breath. But he already has proven that he can be a shitty father so I will be surprised if he does come out here."

"True, but let me go back downstairs with Blue and Sage." Shawn stood up and pulled me into a hug. "I know you feel stress, but trust when I say none of this is your fault."

I looked up at him and gave him a half smile. I know he's only trying to make me feel better, but I can't help but to think this is all my fault.

I was too lenient with her and she knew that. That's why she kept on doing the things she was doing. All of my no's to her was a yes.

Sighing, I went to Kenneth's name and was about to call him, but my mother interrupted that with her incoming call.

"Merry Christmas mama" I answered trying my best to disguise the irritated mood I was in.

"Merry Christmas baby. I was calling to see what time I should come over." Damn my mother is coming over for Christmas dinner. I totally forgot about that.

I checked my phone, it was only 12 something. That means I only have a few hours to whip up something.

"Um, how about 5? The kids are probably going to take a nap and Shawn and I need to clean up so by that time everything will be ready when you come."

"Okay, that sounds good Bey, 5 it is." I told her alright and just as I was about to hang up, she called my name.

"Yes, mama?"

"Is everything okay baby? You sound like you're sad or something? You and Shawn argue this morning?" Here I thought she wasn't even paying attention to my tone of voice.