Chapter 22

I stared out the window as Shawn drove us home. Anger was running through my bloodline right now and I wanted to do nothing more, but head back to Logan's house and beat the fuck out of Aaliyah some more. I knew that bitch had something up her sleeve but I was so blindsided that I didn't consider that she would use my husband to get back at me.

And what makes it even worse, Shawn dumbass fell for it. Now I don't believe my husband cheated on me, but I do know it some shit that went down between them that wouldn't be appropriate for a married man. Yes, he got a lap dance from her, but it's more to it that he's not telling me.

"You need to be honest about what went down between you and Aaliyah." I didn't think I would speak up so soon, but it was best to do it now before Lexi gets home tonight.

Shawn didn't say anything to me. Not even a huff or blowing of his breath. He continued to focus on the road as if I didn't say anything to him.

"Shawn Corey Carter, I know you hear me. We are not about to play this childish ass game right now." He always claims he hate to be ignored but his ignorant ass will ignore me in a quick second when he's mad.

"Beyoncé on some real shit stop talking to me right now. I'm mad as fuck at the shit you just pulled today so it's in your best interest to remain quiet until I drop you off"

"What the hell you mean you're dropping me off? You are not going anywhere until you tell me about the shit that happened between you and Aaliyah."

He chuckled, "Naw, I ain't telling you shit. You wanna hit me and shit like I'm your punching bag before listening to me so find out on your own. Hell, go to her ass and asked her, I'm pretty sure that bitch will love to come up with a fake ass story to tell you."

I made a frustrated sound due to him pissing me off even more now. Yeah, I know I shouldn't put my hands on him, but at the same time Shawn has been doing and saying things out of his character so it's only a natural reaction to remind him not to fuck with me.

I turned my head back towards the window and deeply sighed. I don't want an outsider having the power to affect our relationship, but she has it. Here we are arguing because of some bullshit another person has started. And the sad part about it is that its probably Xavier's doing. I would not be shocked if he got in his daughter ear and told her things to make her feel as though she had to get revenge on his behalf.

While I was sitting here thinking of the drama that is going on in my marriage right now, I felt a vibrating object.

"Who the hell is this." I mumbled to myself as I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket. An unknown number was calling me.

Because I didn't know who number it was, I just let it ring until it went to voicemail. If it's important the person will call me back or leave a voicemail.

Not even a second later the same unknown number called again. Taking it may be someone I know, I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"H-hi...um is this Mrs. Carter." I heard a timid voice on the other end. I couldn't quite make it out.

"Yes, this is she. Who am I speaking to?"

"It's me, Michael, the guy Lexi is dating."

"I know who you are. Um why are you calling me and where is Lexi?"

"S-s-she's been a-dmitted to the h-hospital." Despite his stuttering I heard exactly what he said and I almost lost it. No, he's lying right now, my baby is not in nobody's hospital right now.