Chapter 19

"You sure you can come to homecoming tonight?" Michael asked me.

"I told you babe she never told me I couldn't so it's still a yes." I may have been grounded for the past week, but the topic of not going to homecoming hasn't come out of her mouth. Plus, she's been acting a lil bit nicer than before so I'm sure I will be off punishment soon.

"You know you are going to be the prettiest girl there." He stated while I held on to his arm. I don't know why, but I felt so safe being here with him. We were in the back of the school waiting on my ride to get here.

"You think so?" I asked looking up at him. I didn't want him to just say that because I was his girlfriend.

He looked at me and smirked, "I wouldn't lie to you baby."

I gave him a smile in return and leaned in for a kiss. Michael put his lips against mine and we shared a passionate kiss. There wasn't any tongue involved but still it was the best kiss I ever had.

"You know my mother believes I'm having sex." I said once we parted our lips.

Michael gave me a look. "Wait she flat out asked you?"

"No, it was moreso a conversation that happened because of what I blurted out that day at the restaurant. She thinks you and Jessica are influencing me to act different than normal so she felt that sex may be one of the reasons."

"Wait what?" he said with a chuckle. "I don't think I can influence anybody to do anything. Especially you, I respect you and wouldn't tell you or make you do anything that would have you acting different."

I nodded my head, "That's what I was trying to tell her. But I guess it's just the mother in her to act this way."

"But I did somewhat tell her about what happened at your house." Michael quickly got out my embrace and stared at me in disbelief.

"Yo, Lexi why would you—

"Calm down Michael. I just told her about you trying to do something, but I stopped it. I said you caught an attitude and took me home. But we talked it out and now we are back on good terms."

Even though he seemed to calm down a bit, he still looked like he was panicking. I guess he wasn't expecting me to be a bit honest with my mother. I mean I wouldn't tell her everything about what I do, but enough to keep her off my back.

"Lexi, it's cool and all that you got a close relationship with your people, but I don't need them hating me more than they already do. I love my life and I don't want your step dad killing me because of some shit you done told them."

I giggled and brought his face to mine, "Trust me when I say Shawn is all bark and no bite."

Without letting him get a response in, I kissed him, adding my tongue. We kissed like this until my phone began ringing. Looking down at it, it was my mother calling. I know she was probably wondering why I wasn't in the front of the school waiting for her like usual.